50 and over 5k and beyond

Weekend runs & workouts, 9/13 thru 9/15 (Read 7 times)

NH Runner

Friday, 9/13

Wish I could post a picture here.   I left the house to ride the railtrail on the mtn bike with clouds in the sky, but never figured it'd be pouring by the time I got a mile into the ride...Roll eyes   I hussled under a tree when the skies opened up, but that just postponed the inevitable.

Once I got soaked, common sense kicked in and I reasoned, "I'm already soaked, might as well keep riding."   I took a picture of my clothes and bike when I got done, the railtrail's dirt and the knobby tires on my bike with no fenders to keep the dirt from flying?   To say I was a mess would be pretty close...lol  Who said runners ain't tough?

I plan a 1 mile walk on the treadmill later.   My achilles is throwing hints it might be ready to run again soon, life is good...

Art in AZ

Rich, The old "I'll hide under the tree until it stops trick". Hopefully there wasn't any lightning around. Who said water and dirt don't mix? Was it raining hard enough to wash you off some? I can picture the way you and your bike looked. Sounds like you had a good time.

Did 8 miles this morning. Temps and humidity lower this morning. Looks like it might be the start of the cooling off for the season.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

NH Runner

Art, I broke out the hose when I got home, hosed off the bike, then myself.    There wasn't any lightning, thank goodness..lol

Chantilly75

NH Runner  I have wondered why modern bikes don't have fenders.

Art in AZ hope the running is better with cooler temps.

6 miles. Very windy, but nice and sunny. One toe is still sore, put heat rub on it.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

8 mile ride on the railtrail today, it seems like it's something new every day lately.   Today it was a Malamute dog on the end of a leash trying his best to get to me while a woman on the other end trying her best to stop him.   She won, but it was a toss up there for a minute...Shocked

I just finished a 1 mile walk on the treadmil, just to keep moving.

Big revelation today when I researched achilles injuries, old age and forefoot landing contribute.   One more reason not to get old...lol

Chantilly... lots of "modern" stuff falls short of what they're meant to replace.  Remember nylon records and land line phones?  And what about modern tv's and digital clocks when we lose power for a second? lol

Art in AZ

Saturday - Went for an eleven mile bike ride instead of an easy run. Probably about the same effort and time involved. Nice quiet ride.

This morning did a 11 mile run. Temps in the lower 80s and still have humidity but not as bad. Took some water and grapes with me. Found a comfortable pace but walked when I drank and ate some grapes.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

7 miles.  About 64F here this morning. Nice running weather.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica