50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts, Week Endind 6/30/2013 (Read 10 times)

NH Runner

Friday, 6/28/2013

7 miles on the highway today.  The form change is starting to kick in, here's today's splits... 9:04, 8:45, 8:35, 8:27, 8:19, 8:25 and 9:07.  I eased up the last mile, but am happy with the way today's run went, those times are the quickest yet.   I expect to be a blur real soon now, hearing people ask, "What was that?" as I go flying by...Big grin

adkkev... can you imagine running in sandals in the snow with temps below freezing?  Now there's a motivation to make you run quicker, eh? lol

Chantilly...I expect to have the strongest feet around before I'm done... Dead

Ray... check out Barefoot Ted's site, he's selling Hauraches with a different kind of lacing system, they're straps instead of the typical strings.   You could either copy what you see, or maybe he'd sell just the strapping.

Nice runs everybody...

adkkev

6.25 miles around town in light rain.  Sun came out just as I was finishing ...

I can't imagine running in sandals ... I'm afraid that I'd have sticks, stones, and whatever else might be on the ground between the bottoms of my feet and the sandals!

Rich, nice splits.  Much faster than I.

NH Runner

Saturday, 6/29

adkkev... thanks.  I get caught up in the speed thing, but only as a way to gauge how I'm running.   There's a guy in town who just turned 60 and has already set the record for the fastest 5K ever run in the state by a 60 year old.  Every now and then I'll get caught from behind by him while out on a run and it's a pita, he's so fast.  I can either breathe or talk running at his pace, but I can't do both...lol

Just 3 miles on the railtrail for me today, time for a recovery run.  Splits were 11:37, 11:28 and 11:17.

Chantilly75

rest day.

Have a good weekend, all.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

3 miles plus yard work and a walk.

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Sunday, 6/29/2013

10 miles easy on the railtrail.  The biting insects were out in force, I especially like the ones that can bite through your clothing... Roll eyes

Chantilly75

NH Runner I have a  70 yr. old friend who runs 1 hour + faster than me on my better marathons. Embarrassed

How are you doing with the sandals?  Do you run a short distance/speed work in them and then regular shoes for longer?

4 miles at 6:00 AM

13 miles at 7:00 AM

walked 2 miles.  71F and sunny out.  Got a watch band tan.

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

NH  - 10 miles!  Nice work.

Chantilly - If you run at 6 and then again at 7, does it really count as separate runs? Smile

Friday was 95F and relatively high humidity around here (60%?)  Went out for a 7-8 mile run and stopped at 5 miles (44:41) walked the 2 miles back to the office.  6 mile hike in the evening.  Saturday wife and I literally laid around the house all day watching TV (99F outside).  Sunday we traveled North to Richmond and the Marin headlands for another 5 mile hike.  It was a balmy 72F at the beach and spent a lot of time exploring the CA coast and WWI era bunkers.

Ray