52 in 52

Anyone else losing ground? (Read 145 times)

jeffdonahue

The HM pace bunny has almost caught me.  I ended up doing a 5K yesterday instead of my long run and now I'm only 0.4 HMs ahead of the pace bunny.  Gonna need to do some extra to get ahead of him again.

Taper for and recovery from Boston has my numbers down, not sure I should have done a hilly half last Wednesday.  Raced 10k yesterday and my legs are pretty beat, but gotta get back at it so I'll more than likely hit my hilly half again this Wednesday.  October 16th will be here before I know it, planning on two halves that day.   Dead

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I was getting too fixated on getting ahead of the bunny and it was beginning to stress me out, so I decided to forget about it for awhile. I've been having a tough time with consistancy and need to focus on that more then the 52 in 52. Also trying to fit in a decent amount of swimming and biking into the week while trying to keep on track for 2000 miles is a little tougher then I thought it would be. Also the weather in the midwest has been really shitty and its tough to get motivated to go out when its 45 with 25 mph sustained winds.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

Yesterday I was going to run one but since my son was wiling to go we did 6.3 instead, which was better. Knowing what my schedule looks like this week & weekend it's going to be hard not to loose more ground. Now is not the time to be insane. I'd rather just be consistent. I also don't think I'm fully recovered from Boston. The muscle trauma was significant. Despite my placing, I feel I ran a crappy and sloppy 5K on Saturday due to not being recovered. 

I haven't lost ground yet, but I'm only just managing to hold on. I'm still not recovered from Saturday's marathon and I'm not planning on getting in a HM this week - last week's 2 will have to carry me. Like Burnt Toast I want to make sure I keep my eye on the bigger picture and not push myself into an injury. Better to miss a few HM and still be running regularly than push too hard and end up spending months on the bench.

Its also going to take a lot more effort now to get in those 2 hr runs because down here in NZ we are out of summer and well into Autumn. Daylight saving is over, the days are getting shorter, its raining more often, and I'm about to start a new job that will not give me as much flexibility on my working hours. Time to HTFU.

Running - cheaper than therapy

jeffdonahue

Finally able to make some headway on this thing again - got two in last week.  I think I'm still about 5-6 behind right now though, but hoping for another 2 this week as well.

We're not two thirds of the way Jeff, so there's still time to kick the pace bunny's fuzzy nuts on the way by.  Kick him hard, then kick him while he's down.    : )

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.