52 in 52

Week 12 tally (BadDawg takes a mulligan) (Read 473 times)

Week 12 YTD summary (so far) 11, A Solitary Vice 8, BadDawg 5, Zoom-Zoom 2, Carl A 1, Murphy 996 1, Roses Revenge After running my first 13.1 since 52/52, I went through my runs since the first of the year. I came up with seven runs of 13.1 or more. 18.12 on 1/10 13.27 on 1/19 13.34 on 2/8 23.08 on 2/15 18.60 on 3/1 26.00 on 3/15 13.18 on 3/24 The 26 on 3/15 is close enough to take a mulligan, so I'm taking two points for that one. Had I known about 52/52 I could have crawled for 0.2 if I had to. That gives me eight in week twelve, so catching up won't be so bad after all. And if the weather isn't as bad as forecast for this Sunday, I might be able to add another two. How's everybody else doing?

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Carl A

The 50K I did on January 10 puts me at two for the year so far.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

The 50K I did on January 10 puts me at two for the year so far.
        I've got an ultra on my bucket list, nicely done Carl.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'm just ramping up my mileage. Have no 1/2s yet, but I will start racking them up. Will get 1 or 2 in each of the next few weeks. And then I have the Flying Pig full on May 3.
          Roses Revenge

Assuming we are counting distance and not races, I only have one so far this year. With a marathon 4/4/09* and my summer training group starting after that, I expect it to ramp up. Out of curiosity, I checked my 2008 log and ended the year with 20 over 13.1 miles. * Yes, I know I am vastly unprepared to do a marathon in 10 days, but all I need to do is finish and I'm hoping muscle memory from last year will carry me through.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

I'm just ramping up my mileage. Have no 1/2s yet, but I will start racking them up. Will get 1 or 2 in each of the next few weeks. And then I have the Flying Pig full on May 3.
              I've heard great things about the Pig, good luck with that!

E.J.

Yes, I know I am vastly unprepared to do a marathon in 10 days, but all I need to do is finish and I'm hoping muscle memory from last year will carry me through.
                Score two for Rose, we look forward to your report. Smile

E.J.

Michael Bennett

Just got back from a midnight run to rack up my eleventh 21.1 since January 1. Slightly weird training regime right now, I only have time for 1 run a week so I figure I should make it a half and make it count....
                    Im thinking of maybe getting in 13.1 tonight. We'll see. I think mid-week long run after my rest day is as good a time as any to sneak one in. Ive run the full Pig 2 years ago and the half last year. I thought I was killing the full, and then the last hill--that looks like nothing on the profile map, and a long stretch of highway in the heat sent me into death march mode. Although with a PR over 5 hours, it wasnt exactly unusual. I plan to set a new PR at the Pig. If I get my miles in the next month-I will.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have 5.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

1 down 51 to go. Thanks for setting this up. If not for this group, I would have just run my planned 7. Now, Im like--ahh whats another 6.1?
                          1 down 51 to go. Thanks for setting this up. If not for this group, I would have just run my planned 7. Now, Im like--ahh whats another 6.1?
                          Yeah, no way that I would have run 13.1 on a Tuesday night for the hell of it. This should be very interesting as the weeks pile up.

E.J.

put me down for another. Struggled through 14 miles this afternoon.