52 in 52

Wow. Did you notice this effort! (Read 188 times)

jpdeaux pulled off no less than 5 (five) HMs last week, and followed that up with another 2 this week. Epic.

Running - cheaper than therapy

xhristopher

Yes. Hardcore stuff. I've also noted BadDawg's recent effort too. Impressive.

Meanwhile, despite wanting to, I haven't run one since Boston and don't know when I will next. My pushing the envelope for a "new" runner has finally caught up with me and I'm nursing angry shins. I've gotta sort it out by July.

jpdeaux

It will, apparently, take a lot bigger effort than that to catch up to you. Your three last week keeps you effectively out of reach for a while.

Yes. Hardcore stuff. I've also noted BadDawg's recent effort too. Impressive.

Meanwhile, despite wanting to, I haven't run one since Boston and don't know when I will next. My pushing the envelope for a "new" runner has finally caught up with me and I'm nursing angry shins. I've gotta sort it out by July.

Sounds like an excellent time to put in some miles on the bike Chris, when you put your running shoes back on your 5k times are gonna be amazing.

Nice work Matt, five in a week is no small feat!  Keep it rolling guys (and gal!)

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

Sounds like an excellent time to put in some miles on the bike Chris, when you put your running shoes back on your 5k times are gonna be amazing.

We'll see about that. I'll be lacing up Thursday. I'm preregistered and will be happy with 19:45 or better. Of course I'll be pushing 100 total lbs and trying to win the "Team Hoyt" category.

Right now I'm trying to keep my aerobic volume up and put in some quality efforts on the bike. It's what you make of it and today I raced a 31 minute 20K.

xhristopher

We'll see about that. I'll be lacing up Thursday. I'm preregistered and will be happy with 19:45 or better. Of course I'll be pushing 100 total lbs and trying to win the "Team Hoyt" category.

OK, I'm probably out for thursday's race. I thought I was working through/avoiding early stages of shin splints but think/worry it could be some form of compartment syndrome. Therefore, I've made a DR appt tomorrow to start the process of figure this out. If I need to address something I should do it sooner than later. Despite having cycling I'm not a happy camper.