52 in 52

I'm half way! (Read 362 times)

Big grin  

I think I probably should up the target to 104 in 52?

Note to self: Be careful with that old body. 

Running - cheaper than therapy

Hopefully you won't need to be particularly careful Ian, seems like your body has adjusted and you're over that hump.  Great work!!!!!    

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

C-R

Daaaaaamn! Yu da man

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

(bowing)....I'm not worthy!!!

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

Impressive running.
            jeffdonahue

Wow.  Nice

Impressive running.

Speaking of which...

<hijack> Bash said you blew his doors off when you flew by at Ras na hEireann on your way to a huge PR.  These 21k runs (and maybe even those sessions at the RatDome) are paying off Chris.  Keep it rolling. </hijack>

We now return to our regularly scheduled programme of praising Ian's ridiculous YTD progress.     Smile

MTA:  got a real one this weekend, and (knock wood) the conditions are supposed to be pretty good.  Looking forward to the run in the Whaling City.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

MTA:  got a real one this weekend, and (knock wood) the conditions are supposed to be pretty good.  Looking forward to the run in the Whaling City.

Watch out for that wind when you hit the water around mile 8-9.

jeffdonahue

Speaking of which...

<hijack> Bash said you blew his doors off when you flew by at Ras na hEireann on your way to a huge PR.  These 21k runs (and maybe even those sessions at the RatDome) are paying off Chris.  Keep it rolling. </hijack>

Yeah - holy crap!!

Just looking at your log and you've dropped a full 3 minutes off your 5K PR from this time last year.  WTF.  That's insane.  I can see dropping 3 minutes off when your PR is up in the high 20s or something, but usually when people hit the 20 minute mark, their PRs start to slow down.

Nicely done.  I've been trying to get under 20 minutes again for like 2 years and cant seem to do it.

MTA:  I also think that was an insane race, that a 17:33 (a time that could win a lot of 5K races I have been in) only got you 26th place and 5th in your AG - some damn fast people running there.

xhristopher

Speaking of which...

Yeah - holy crap!!

Just looking at your log and you've dropped a full 3 minutes off your 5K PR from this time last year.  WTF.  That's insane.  I can see dropping 3 minutes off when your PR is up in the high 20s or something, but usually when people hit the 20 minute mark, their PRs start to slow down.

Nicely done.  I've been trying to get under 20 minutes again for like 2 years and cant seem to do it.

MTA:  I also think that was an insane race, that a 17:33 (a time that could win a lot of 5K races I have been in) only got you 26th place and 5th in your AG - some damn fast people running there.

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with that run. The course wasn't flat so it's defiantly an "honest" race. All the company helped too.

I joined this group because I knew it would give me a little extra incentive to get longer mid week runs in. I can feel the benefit in spades. The long runs on the weekend are much easier. Recovery is easier. Endurance is better. Mileage is higher... I think all of us who stay ahead of the 52 in 52 bunny are going to get these benefits too.

The great thing about 5Ks is that you can get all the practice you want. I think I'm starting to get the hang of them. Some track workouts and dropping another 10 lbs also helps.

xhristopher

I'm looking forward to posting that I'm half way. In the mean time, is there a competition for running 13.1s (doubles) that don't count? If so, I've run 3 recently. 

xhristopher

If I were you I'd be looking forward to a nice fat HM PR. 

Based on my garmin splits and fuzzy math I figure I ran the last 13.1 of Stu's in about 1:26:36, give or take. That includes my "nature break" where I gave you the 30 seconds I never got back. Therefore, I'm guessing you ran it close to 1:26 flat after a hilly 5.5 mile warm up.

Have fun this weekend.

xhristopher

If I were you I'd be looking forward to a nice fat HM PR. 

Based on my garmin splits and fuzzy math I figure I ran the last 13.1 of Stu's in about 1:26:36, give or take. That includes my "nature break" where I gave you the 30 seconds I never got back. Therefore, I'm guessing you ran it close to 1:26 flat after a hilly 5.5 mile warm up.

Have fun this weekend.

Holy shit! 

153  31/385  M4049 EJ HRYNOWSKI         48 M  2093 Arlington MA       1:21:14.6  6:12 1:21:35.8 Greater Lowell Road Runners    

And Jason hit his goal too. That's impressive running. 

Holy shit! 

153  31/385  M4049 EJ HRYNOWSKI         48 M  2093 Arlington MA       1:21:14.6  6:12 1:21:35.8 Greater Lowell Road Runners    

And Jason hit his goal too. That's impressive running. 

Thanks Chris, it was a very good day for a half.  The damned hill at 11.5 almost killed me, but thankfully not quite.  J had himself a killer run, and Glenn (El Presidente) was second in the 60-69 AG with a 1:30:42 (that he was unhappy with).  A good day for the guys and gals in green.

E.J.

jpdeaux

Whew! Just barely squeaked one in this week. Miles and miles behind the awesomeness that is BadDawg, but on a great day for an ocean-side race.