800 Mile Club

Milestone in My Running History (Read 332 times)

Junior Amphibian

Today I officially hit the 455th mile for the year, which is the same distance I had run during my first two years as a runner from 2005 to 2006. Haha... And this year I'm barely halfway done. Cool On a more somber note, today is also the 2nd anniversary of my ITBS breakdown. Exactly two years my ITB got so inflamed, I couldn't even run half a mile without a pain. I was naive enough to assume that it would be gone after a week or two. Roll eyes In the end, I had to rest almost 5 months to get back on the trail. Live and learn... Tongue

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

happy second anniversary. you've already learned lessons that otherwise sometimes take decades. I hope it ensures you'll still be running 30 years and more too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Junior Amphibian

Thanks tetsujin! I want to keep running as long as you... Or even longer if I can... Smile

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard