Atlanta and North Georgia Runners

New user group for Atlanta area runners (Read 231 times)

Hi, I didn't see a group for us under the regional section, so I decided to make one. Hopefully some other runners in the area will see it and decide to join. I recently moved back to Atlanta. Anyone who would like to join the group is welcome! Cool

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Hi! I'm in Athens, so maybe that's still the "Atlanta area."

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

heyitserika

Thanks for creating this group...great idea!

Jenven

I'm still a newbie runner, but thus forum is a great idea. I'm not sure where you live, but West Stride has a Wednesday morning / night running group. http://www.weststride.com

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

RunJasonRun

Glad to see this group here.  Posting from Smyrna, GA.  (I entered Atlanta on my profile, since I live within walking distance from the perimeter.)

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Glad to see this group here.

Cool. Jason made the transition!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

rainmakerrc

Another ATL runner here.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

camille2

I'm north of Atlanta near Jasper but sometimes do races in the Cumming or Marietta area.

DuckRover

I'm in Decatur! Don't know many other runners around here so looking forward to chatting about routes and races in the area and, most importantly, how to not get hit by the terrible Atlanta drivers.

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

Hi Everyone!  I'm in Jackson county, Jefferson specifically. 

Hopefully I'll do the Publix HM again in the spring.  I just started my training for it again. 

Oh, and if anyone wants to adopt a kitten, let me know...I've got 5.  All are ready to go to new homes.  Dr.Bart from RWOL (NRR section) is going to take 2 of them but I've got the Mom and one or two more to find homes for. 

They are really cute.  Big grin

Kittenswell, I tried to insert a photo but it didn't work.  Hmmmm....

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining! Smile Great to have Athens and Jasper people in the group, too! We could even change the name of group to reflect that, like add North GA or something. It will be fun to have threads about area races and stuff. DuckRover, trying not to get hit by the drivers around here is always a challenge! I am fortunate to live pretty close to Piedmont Park, plus I run a lot on the paved PATH Foundation trails near the Freedom Parkway and now on the new BeltLine Eastside Trail (I love how it connects to the PATH trail and to the park, makes it easier to do longer runs in town without a ton of messy intersections!). Jenven, I might try the West Stride runs sometime.

Glad to have you all here!

rainmakerrc

Technically speaking, I do most of my running in and around Kennesaw, though I still have one midweek morning run in the city (Midtown).

Gray Runner

Running Bear

Hey, does middle Georgia count?  I'm live near Macon, so I am in easy reach of ATL and NGA.  

Upcoming races:  
                            Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
                            Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
                            Sweetwater 50K 4/12
                            Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
                            Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
                            H9 50 mile 8/9
                            Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
                            Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
                            Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
                            Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

rainmakerrc

Hey, does middle Georgia count?  I'm live near Macon, so I am in easy reach of ATL and NGA.  

I say, why not . . . Welcome!

Welcome, Gray Runner!