Annapolis, Maryland

Homeless people at the Navy Stadium track (Read 343 times)

Well, I love hopping over to the track to run a couple loops. I don't miss my treadmill at all. But, this morning, there was a homeless person sleeping along the path, in a dark area, with trees. It really freaked me out. I was out there at 5:30, so it was still dark. The second loop, I heard footsteps in the leaves. It sort of spooked me. There is a sign up there that says its closed between dawn and dusk, but its the only time I can go. Can't wait to run downtown this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! Do the striders still do the week day runs downtown?

- Anya

Gig

They sure do. There's some info here. Gotta Run, on Main Street, has a weekly run on Wed. at 7pm. More info here. Fleet Feet (over in Eastport) has runs on Tuesday at 6:30pm and Sat. at 8:30am. Details here. They also have some formal training programs. Looking at their prices, I suspect you'll get a lot of one-on-one attention. Details (including prices) here. Finally, I ran last Friday during lunch, and I liked it. I think I might keep it up. If you (or anybody) wants to join me, please let me know. I asked around at work and got no takers. Kinda what I expected. No
        Gig, Thanks for the information. I'm gonna check these out for sure. Oh, I would love to run at lunch, but really can't. For one thing, I work in Edgewater. Also, I HAVE to take a shower after. I'm one of those people who sweat really really bad. I do try to walk at lunch, there is a cute little neighborhood by my office at the South River bridge. I work next to the old police station, across from Kalas Furneal home on Rte.2. You are so lucky to run at lunch, espeically the location. Hey, I live right behind your work. Walked to Fado's last night. Fun!

- Anya

Oh, Saturday I ran from my place down to the city dock via West Street. Ran up past the main gate, up and through St. Johns, and back via Rowe Blvd. Very nice, it was about 3 1/2 miles according to Map My Run. Watch out for those cobblestone sidewalks. You can't take your eyes off the road.

- Anya