Annapolis, Maryland

Who's running on Sunday mornings in Annapolis? (Read 119 times)

Gig

My running routine lately is anything but routine. Tuesday and Wednesday I'm in Bowie for karate class, so if I do any running, it's not local. Thursday, Saturday, and Monday I do a warm up run before lifting, so I generally don't get far our of Hillsmere. And Friday, DW generally wants to go out to dinner right when I get home from work.

That leaves Sunday. I'm not completely reliable, but I'm usually out there for at least six miles, which takes me to the city dock before I turn around. With the weather being as nice as it has been, I see a lot of people out there, and I often wonder if it's anybody I know from this forum.

I'll be out there this and most Sundays, sometime between 7 and 11, unless it's later. I'll start making a point of wearing my ridiculously green shirt and a green Tuborg hat. Say hi if you see me. Say it loudly, though, or give me the secret RA wave. I'm generally listening to music (through my orange headphones) on longer runs.

So, how will I spot you?

gig

PS--Does anybody know the secret RA wave?

ymmv

I usually run the trails behind Annapolis High School on Sunday mornings, starting about 7:00. There are usually others who do the same, and more groups that start later. Send me a message if you want to run there some time.

My running routine lately is anything but routine. Tuesday and Wednesday I'm in Bowie for karate class, so if I do any running, it's not local. Thursday, Saturday, and Monday I do a warm up run before lifting, so I generally don't get far our of Hillsmere. And Friday, DW generally wants to go out to dinner right when I get home from work.

That leaves Sunday. I'm not completely reliable, but I'm usually out there for at least six miles, which takes me to the city dock before I turn around. With the weather being as nice as it has been, I see a lot of people out there, and I often wonder if it's anybody I know from this forum.

I'll be out there this and most Sundays, sometime between 7 and 11, unless it's later. I'll start making a point of wearing my ridiculously green shirt and a green Tuborg hat. Say hi if you see me. Say it loudly, though, or give me the secret RA wave. I'm generally listening to music (through my orange headphones) on longer runs.

So, how will I spot you?

gig

PS--Does anybody know the secret RA wave?

Hey Gig,

I've been trying to run downtown on Sundays.  I've been taking the park cut through to Hunt Meadow, up Spa, down Forest, to Heritage over to West Street, downtown, through EP and back to Hillsmere.  It's about 8.     If not, I'll do the park.     I normally do the park every Tuesday.

BTW, speaking of park cut throughs, have you heard or seen the one by the pool?  I am so upset over losing this, you have no idea.    I can't beleive Hillsmere does not have any other public access to the park.  Hunt Meadow does, and I'm sure that awful new proposed development will have one.   ( Don't get me started on that.....)

What can be done?  I feel bad for the folks who live down there, at least I'm closer to the main entrance, but I used that cut through a lot. 

- Anya

Gig

I didn't know that cut through was going away. That's awful. I generally use the one on Hillsmere, near Hickory. It's not a real passage, but somebody cut a hole in the fence. If I'm riding my bike, though, I love the one by the pool. And the dogs really like it, too.Stupid.

Where's the path to Hunt Meadow? Actually, I'm about to head out for a run, now. Looks like I'll be exploring. Smile

Regarding the park, at least there's finally a little bit of progress on the dog beach.

Gig

After a false start down a trail that turned out not to be a trail at all, I found the path to Hunt Meadow. It's amazing how easy it is to miss things you don't know are there.

After a false start down a trail that turned out not to be a trail at all, I found the path to Hunt Meadow. It's amazing how easy it is to miss things you don't know are there.

I love the Hunt Meadow cut through!  Well, anything to make a loop out of , I love.

Someone tore down the "No tresspassing" sign at the cut through by the pool.   I might see if I can use it one last time :-) 

Your poor dogs!  

- Anya

Good news about the dog beach! I had not heard :-)  

- Anya

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There's a dog beach?

We stopped by Ann. last Tuesday and happened upon a group run, which I jumped in & joined, and it was to QWP and around and back. What was funny was that we wandered off the 4mi loop I know, and I didn't notice where -- as I did ES6 and ran that 4mi loop 9 times in a row just a few weeks ago, you'd think I'd be more familiar with the loop -- it's amazing how quickly I can forget things, what with age and running jostling away my brain cells, or whatever.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.