Annapolis, Maryland

Finally settled and loving Annapolis (Read 352 times)

It's official, I love living here !!!!!! In fact, I've just deleted my old courses from my running log. That was kind of sad, but I really like the running here so far. (Ok, the cobblestone sidewalks are a bit much, and yes, I finally fell, right in front of St.John's on College ave. ) What I love the most? Even if I don't have anytime at all to run, I can walk out my front door, and do the coolest 2 mile loop of all time. I just go up Taylor, to Rowe, then Calvert to West Street, back to Taylor. I did it this morning, and it was such a nice quick run. Back in less than 20. Oh, and I've even made it in the latest editon of "What's Up Annapolis" ( Trivia article ) Oh, I just joined the Striders, too. I am looking forward to the longer days and warmer weather. Have a great weekend ! Anya

- Anya

Too icy to run this morning! I did see the NAVY girls out running in the slop yesterday, so I promptly went out to join them. I'll take wet slop anyday over ice. Too icy today. Come on spring!

- Anya

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think spring is here now. Snow is melting like crazy around here.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Gig

I'm planning to enjoy a nice long run tomorrow morning. I love this weather. I'm not sure what time, but at some point I'll be running up and down Harry S Truman. Is there a better place to do hills around here? Seriously, I have the Pittsburgh Marathon coming up, and there is an insane 1-mile, 200 ft. climb at mile 13. Yikes.
          ymmv

I'm planning to enjoy a nice long run tomorrow morning. I love this weather. I'm not sure what time, but at some point I'll be running up and down Harry S Truman. Is there a better place to do hills around here? Seriously, I have the Pittsburgh Marathon coming up, and there is an insane 1-mile, 200 ft. climb at mile 13. Yikes.
            More people do the truman parkway courses on saturday than on sunday. Also, several of us place water caches at 2 mile intervals for the long runs on saturdays to support the people training there. If tomorrow is anything like this morning was, you are going to be very warm in the late morning. It caught me by surprise, especially after running on snow on monday morning and ice on tuesday morning! I stated out chilly but was way overdressed by 10:00 AM. If you would like to meet out there for a saturday run sometime, let me know. We usually leave at 6:30-7:00 AM and there is another group that leaves about an hour earlier. Check the map in my user log for my 3/7/09 run (today) to see a popular long run course out there. If you like trail running, there is a group that meets at Annapolis HS (by the track) on sunday mornings about 9 to run the trails behind the school. If you have never been there, you will be amazed at how remote if feels. Its quite hilly in places and the group does a 1 or 2 loop circuit for either 5 or 10 miles.
            Gig

That's a helluva course. I ended up running in the late afternoon yesterday. Saturday is a karate class day for me, so if I run, I do it in Bowie while DD has her class. But I ran yesterday from my home near Quiet Waters, through downtown, along Rowe / Bestgate Blvd, up to 450, then South Haven, and Truman. The hills of 450 and Truman took a lot out of me; I had better get ready for Pittsburgh in a hurry!
              ymmv

We park at the park and ride on truman pkwy. The official course starts in the parking lot, not too far from the port-a-pot that the Annapolis Striders organization provides. From there, the courses have painted markers every half mile. My mapmyrun.com profile (jinitom) has nearly all of the variations of the courses there. The hills on truman parkway are called the 3 bears. Baby, mama, papa is the order you do them at the end of your long run. You will certainly notice them!
                Gig

Yep. I know those hills well. I did the Moore's marathon training in 2005. I never heard them called the three bears, but I like it. Clowning around