Annapolis, Maryland

Metric Marathon tomorrow (Read 526 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Apparently they're running the metric marathon this year, tomorrow morning...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Apparently they're running the metric marathon this year, tomorrow morning...
      I just heard about that while looking at the Annapolis Striders site. Thinking about joining. Are you a member by chance? I live down by Tracy's, but plan to move back up to Annapolis shortly (hopefully )

- Anya

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nope, not a member -- I did run the metric marathon, and liked the course and the race and thought they had good support.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

ymmv

I missed the metric marathon. I have not been active with the Striders lately, but I do train with many of them on the rt 450 course they have used for years. My upcoming races are Baltimore Marathon, Celtic Solstice 5 Miler, will probably do the Cold Turkey 10k.
          Gig

I'm in the championship series with the Striders. The MM was a lot of fun. I had a goal of a nine minute pace for a ten miler this year, but failed to meet that when I ran the Cherry Pit, partly because the race was a mud bath. I'm not complaining, though. It was loads of fun, just not to sort of race for setting PRs. Anyhoo, I met that goal and then some for the metric marathon. I started out feeling fast and relaxed, and that feeling lasted the entire race. I knew I'd meet my goal, but I wasn't expecting to do nearly as well as I did. So hooray for the metric marathon! Big grin Big grin I have one goal left--a four hour marathon. I'm running the innaugural Rehoboth Beach Marathon on November 22. Hey Tom, what's the Celtic Solstice 5 Miler?
            ymmv

I'm in the championship series with the Striders. The MM was a lot of fun. I had a goal of a nine minute pace for a ten miler this year, but failed to meet that when I ran the Cherry Pit, partly because the race was a mud bath. I'm not complaining, though. It was loads of fun, just not to sort of race for setting PRs. Anyhoo, I met that goal and then some for the metric marathon. I started out feeling fast and relaxed, and that feeling lasted the entire race. I knew I'd meet my goal, but I wasn't expecting to do nearly as well as I did. So hooray for the metric marathon! Big grin Big grin I have one goal left--a four hour marathon. I'm running the innaugural Rehoboth Beach Marathon on November 22. Hey Tom, what's the Celtic Solstice 5 Miler?
              baltimore running has info on it and some other great races. This year, I also ran the dreaded druid 10k and the full moon run. They always have great premiums.
                Is anyone doing the Turkey Trot 10K ?

- Anya

Gig

Not me, but I will be doing the Downs Park 5 Miler this weekend. Anybody else?