Annapolis, Maryland

Rec Center (Read 219 times)

Gig

Has anybody used the new rec center yet? It's really nice.

http://www.ci.annapolis.md.us/info.asp?page=13456

I've been twice to take my friends daughter to dance class.  What a great place!  So much nicer than the old Rec center. It doesn't even compare.

But, I've never used it.

Since, I'm a city resident, I could get a discount.   The place looked packed when I was there though.  

You can buy 20 punch card visits for like $25 or so. 

I was hoping they had an indoor pool.

- Anya

I'm actually thinking about using their indoor track, since running outside right now is a bit of a nightmare.

I saw a guy running down West St today, and it was not really that safe.  I was hoping they would plow the stadium track, or better yet, lets get some warm days to melt this stuff!

But, for now, that track is looking like an answer for me.... 

My friend lives in Hillsmere, and went running Tuesday.  I have not been running in a week now.  : -( 

- Anya

Gig

Who's your friend in Hillsmere? I live there.

I signed up the whole family at the rec center for around $550 for the year. With treadmills, bikes, elipticals, other aerobic equipment, and a really nice weight room, plus rooms with mats to borrow when they're not in use to practice karate, it's a huge bargain to me. A pool would have been nice.

I'm considering getting a personal trainer there. It's less than half the cost anywhere else. At the very least, I'll sign up for the first three sessions because they're free! Plus, I got a 30-minute orientation to the weight room that was very much like (I imagine) the initial consultation with a personal trainer.

Who's your friend in Hillsmere? I live there.

I signed up the whole family at the rec center for around $550 for the year. With treadmills, bikes, elipticals, other aerobic equipment, and a really nice weight room, plus rooms with mats to borrow when they're not in use to practice karate, it's a huge bargain to me. A pool would have been nice.

I'm considering getting a personal trainer there. It's less than half the cost anywhere else. At the very least, I'll sign up for the first three sessions because they're free! Plus, I got a 30-minute orientation to the weight room that was very much like (I imagine) the initial consultation with a personal trainer.

Hi Gig,

I sent you an email! have a great weekend,

Anya

- Anya