Atlanta Runners

Peachtree Road Race (Read 469 times)

Who all is in?  I didn't fill in a time so I'm not sure which timegroup I'll be in.  However, I am a volunteer working in TG2, so I suspect I'll be starting with them at the end of my "volunteer" duties.
    USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm in! It's always a blast. I'm glad they're back to Piedmont Park this year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

21st p'tree. Volunteer in TG  1A and on the course giving out water on saturday  6/6/09 .Hope to see you there.   7:00-10:00 Bennihanna Restaurant - Peachtree St

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Well, I guess I'll have to chart my run next Saturday  to pass by your station.
          USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
            Got my number today.  TG3  #35196

Imminent Catastrophe

17334, TG 1B

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

17334, TG 1B

16217    1G     1B

I am voluteetering. Will be holding the starting rope. Hope to se you there.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Imminent Catastrophe

cool, I'll look for you!

I'll be volunteering in TG2, and then depending what the group leader has us do just after TG2 takes off I'll run with my assigned TG3, or maybe TG4, just depending.  I like having the chips this year. 

We used them  today in the Army Hooah 10k race from GIWCC to Ft. McPherson.

Life is Good

Good luck to all of you brave ones willing to suffer in the heat to run this race

Maybe one day I will get there but July in Georgia usually puts me in treadmill mode much like Dec-Mar in Michigan.. Hope you.have a good time

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Good luck to all of you brave ones willing to suffer in the heat to run this race

Maybe one day I will get there but July in Georgia usually puts me in treadmill mode much like Dec-Mar in Michigan.. Hope you.have a good time

It is more of a event than a race.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

I do my summer weekday afternoon runs in the gym on the treadmill rather than deal with the heat and smog.  I do my Sat/Sunday runs outside early in the morning hopefully before too much heat can form.  Peachtree will be warm.   During the Peachtree I always like to slow down by the priest (and I have no idea which faith he represents) who blesses the runners with holy water each year to make sure he gets me.

There is a decent easy reading book called "Treadmill Training for Runners"  by Rick Morris which gives the pros and cons of treadmill running as well as several workouts - endurance, speed, hill and long runs on the treadmill.  If it's not available at the library Amazon has it for ~11.00 or so.

Life is Good

I do my summer weekday afternoon runs in the gym on the treadmill rather than deal with the heat and smog.  I do my Sat/Sunday runs outside early in the morning hopefully before too much heat can form.  Peachtree will be warm.   During the Peachtree I always like to slow down by the priest (and I have no idea which faith he represents) who blesses the runners with holy water each year to make sure he gets me.

There is a decent easy reading book called "Treadmill Training for Runners"  by Rick Morris which gives the pros and cons of treadmill running as well as several workouts - endurance, speed, hill and long runs on the treadmill.  If it's not available at the library Amazon has it for ~11.00 or so.

Thanks for the reccommendation on the book I may check it out. it's always fun to try something new when having to run on a treadmill.

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between