Atlanta Runners

Upcoming races (Read 758 times)

Anyone planning to participate in upcoming races? I think I'll be running the Virginia Highlands Summerfest 5k with some friends because it's a good fit for timing with the completion of my Couch to 5k. I know there are a lot of other races coming up soon, though, and most of you are probably further than 5k. Here's a link for more information: http://www.vahi.org/summerfest/events.html
    Ben
    site: www.benhorton.net

Imminent Catastrophe

In my signature line. Anyone else doing the Twisted Ankle?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I think that's a little too far for me... it sounds like you have some really fun events coming up, though. Good luck!
        Ben
        site: www.benhorton.net

Life is Good

I have a 5k in Palmetto Georgia in about 2 weeks...this is a really nice race, very fast course and it's for a great cause I run it every year. Good luck everyone on their up and coming events. http://www.raceforriley.org/

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

In my signature line. Anyone else doing the Twisted Ankle?
            I ran this year before last but totally forgot it about it this year until it was too late to register for the half. Good luck. It's a tough one.
            USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

Imminent Catastrophe

I ran this year before last but totally forgot it about it this year until it was too late to register for the half. Good luck. It's a tough one.
              Yeah, I've done it twice but last year I was too late and got shut out so this time I made sure I signed up early. Becky's Bluff, here I come!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Life is Good

Here's a new one I just got notice of today from a running friend..sounds kinda cool!

http://www.131marathon.com/Atlanta_Homepage.htm

Maybe catch you there

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Here's a new one I just got notice of today from a running friend..sounds kinda cool!

http://www.131marathon.com/Atlanta_Homepage.htm

Maybe catch you there

I registered at theP'tree expo. There was a 13% discount. $7.21. Also,registered  for the ATL  ING marathon  in March. $10 off.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Imminent Catastrophe

A couple of less-publicized September/October trail races in North Georgia/Tennessee, if anyone's interested:

Mountain Top Marathon, Half Marathon & 5k, September 19, Ocoee Whitewater Center

Mystery Mountain Marathon & 12-mile Trail Race, October 11, Fort Mountain State Park

Check it out, trail races are FUN!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

*ATC Singleton Races, 5M & 10M run, 7:30 a.m., NEW LOCATION and NEW START TIME, 1940 Mountain Industrial Blvd, Tucker, Ga.  Click here for map and directions. Low-key, no T-shirt event. Free to ATC members; non-members $10. Click here to pre-registration for the race. Or race day registration is available. Contact (404) 231-9064 or atlantatrackclub.org (GP)

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

ATC Run Around the Rock 5M/10M/15M, 8 a.m., 1M Kid’s Fun Run 7:45 a.m., Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain, Ga. Crossroads parking lot near Train Depot. Race day registration only. Low-key, no T-Shirt event. Free to ATC members. $10 for non-members. (Park entrance fee is $10 per vehicle.) Contact (404) 231-9064 or atlantatrackclub

10/31/2009

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

GST

ATC Run Around the Rock 5M/10M/15M, 8 a.m., 1M Kid’s Fun Run 7:45 a.m., Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain, Ga. Crossroads parking lot near Train Depot. Race day registration only. Low-key, no T-Shirt event. Free to ATC members. $10 for non-members. (Park entrance fee is $10 per vehicle.) Contact (404) 231-9064 or atlantatrackclub

10/31/2009

I'll probably be at this one, though I'm not sure about what I intend to do so far as pace since it's two weeks before my goal marathon.

I'll be hitting a  5K as a train through 5K this weekend (Doraville 5K)

And I am running Chickamauga and going for a BQ. 

That's all on my upcoming schedule up through Chickamauga.

Life is Good

I recently ran a Half Marathon in my Hometown of Lansing, Michigan. and I ran the worldwide festival of races last Sunday completeing a 14 mile run for that event ( was suppose to be 13.1 but I didnt map it out I just ran) training for the Atlanta Thanksgiving half at this point I was going to try for the full this year but have decided I just don't have the time to properly train going to shoot for the ING instead.

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I am running ING marathon. Goal is <4:00

Volunteering at  ATL  marathon

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter