A-Z Recipes

easy kid approved dinner ideas (Read 361 times)

I'm not the worlds best cook, but can make a few things. 

Just looking for easy kid approved dinners that are sort of healthy, but still good. 

Here is their current menu:

linguine w/ clam sauce   and salad

chicken noodle casserole  and salad

chicken bean burritos  and salad

spaghetti and salad

chicken fried rice with grilled chicken and veggies

grilled chicken and lettuce wraps 

occassional take out pizza or chinese food.

This menu is getting sort of boring, week after week.   Just looking for something else to add to the mix that's easy enough for me.  

- Anya

A Saucy Wench

My daughter has an extremely limited palate.  If I ate what she approved of .    (I dont know why this trait still surprises me, this is the girl that decided at 3 months to starve rather than take a bottle when I HAD to be gone all day)

I seriously just make what I want to eat.  She has to try it (3 decent size bites) and then she can have cereal, PBJ or yogurt.  Most nights she eats nothing.  ds eats everything.  He ate 2 bowls of chicken white bean chili last night and then ate yogurt when dd did.

I do have some luck with toppers.  Whatever I want to eat she is more likely to try if she can sprinkle cheese or sour cream on it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

My daughter has an extremely limited palate.  If I ate what she approved of .    (I dont know why this trait still surprises me, this is the girl that decided at 3 months to starve rather than take a bottle when I HAD to be gone all day)

I seriously just make what I want to eat.  She has to try it (3 decent size bites) and then she can have cereal, PBJ or yogurt.  Most nights she eats nothing.  ds eats everything.  He ate 2 bowls of chicken white bean chili last night and then ate yogurt when dd did.

I do have some luck with toppers.  Whatever I want to eat she is more likely to try if she can sprinkle cheese or sour cream on it.

Toppers are good!   Cheese ususlly helps with veggies, that's for sure!

- Anya