A-Z Recipes

Dinner (Read 241 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I got a little ambitious. Tonight's dinner, all home made from scratch Falafel Hummus Baba Ganouj Pitas Pickled roasted red peppers Cucumber/Tomato/Yogurt salad Yummy! Big grin
      And I suppose you make your own Tahini too? Evil grin

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thought about it...really, I did. But I could not find bulk sesame seeds. So a jar had to do. Undecided The chick peas had been soaking for 3-4 days Smile
          Thought about it...really, I did. But I could not find bulk sesame seeds. So a jar had to do. Undecided The chick peas had been soaking for 3-4 days Smile
          I have seen bulk sesame seeds in a few places, but I am always a little leary cause you just don't know how many kiddie fingers have been in there, or how long they have been sitting around... I get an " organic" ( Confused) Tahini at Trader Joe's ..... decent and does not separate as bad as some I have used. Hub wants me to make him some Sundried Tomato Hummus with some of the tomatoes we dried this summer..

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Did you put the little symbols on your fingers and get your belly-dancing on???

A Saucy Wench

I had the most awesome spread the other day - I am useless because I dont REALLY know what was in it. It was like hummus but instead of chickpeas they used some sort of nut. Could have been almond or cashew (although I didnt react so I dont think so) or maybe pinenut. Garlic, roasted red pepper, EVOO, cayenne and possibly a bit of olive. I may need to try and recreate

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

OOoooohhh!!! Real falafel!!! Care to share your recipe? I bet your veggies were all home-grown too!

skinnycaponesugar

Baba ganouj recipe please!!! Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Baba - Pierce a couple eggplants and roast them in an oven at 500 degrees for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Remove the pulp and rinse in a colander. Mix in crushed garlic, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and salt to taste. Felafel - oops, gotta look that one back up.