A-Z Recipes

Oatmeal (Read 289 times)

Dave

I'll share this one just because its a family favorite and my absolute favorite prerun nutrition. Simple and delicious. 4 cups water 1/2 tsp salt 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal (not the instant stuff) 1 granny smith apple (diced) 1/2 cup raisins (optional) 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) 1/3 cup brown sugar Bring the water and diced apple to a full boil (this is critical as if you add the oatmeal too early it gets gummy). Add the salt and cinnamon and oatmeal and raisins. Boil for a couple of minutes. Add the brown sugar. You may need to add a little more water or a little more oatmeal for consistency). Cook together on medium heat about 5 minutes total until it absorbs the water. The oatmeal should be firm, not mushy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oatmeal's my favorite pre-run food too! Especially when you put fruit or goodies in it with brown sugar. Yum!!

skinnycaponesugar

mmmmm, yummy! i normally leave the fruit out for my "Special Porridge" and add vanilla extract

Love, Run, Sleep

A Saucy Wench

I like "banana bread oatmeal" - bananas, walnuts, a dash of cinnamon and a little honey. mmmmmmm.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

My legs are killing me

For all you chocolate lovers! 1 cup of oatmeal tablespoon of nutella. mix it and cook.