A-Z Recipes

Meats (Read 794 times)

Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is one I developed when I was a good little low-carber. It's a huge hit at parties and great for diabetics: ~~~~~ Sweet & Sour Meatballs 1 packet sugar-free grape (or black cherry or cranberry) gelatin 1C boiling water ¼C vinegar ¼C DaVinci vanilla syrup 2 6oz. cans tomato paste ½TB minced garlic 1 4oz. can chopped chilis 1 5# bag frozen food-service size bag of ready-to-eat meatballs Add boiling water to gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and combine with vinegar, vanilla syrup, tomato paste, garlic, and chilis in large (6qt.) crockpot or electric roaster. Add thawed meatballs to crock pot and gently stir to coat all meatballs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SLOPPY JOES This was one of my mom's recipes. Lots of good stuff comes from the kitchen of "mom"!! Good recipe to put in the freezer or even double for the freezer! 2 lb ground beef 1/2 green pepper diced 15 oz ketchup or 15 oz tomatoe sauce 1/2 tsp dry mustard 1 tsp chili powder 3 small onions diced 1/2 stalk celery diced 1/4 C vinegar 1/8 C sugar 1 tsp worschershire sauce salt & peper to taste Brown beef w/ celery, onions, & pepper. Cook till done- add the rest! Simmer approx. 30 minutes! Serve on bun of your choice!
          PORK & BEAN BAKE 2 (1 lb) cans port & beans 5 or 6 lean rib port chops prepared mustard 1/2 C brown sugar 1/2 C ketchup 5-6 onion slices 5-6 thin lemon slices Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put beans into a 9x13x2 dish. Arrange chops over beans. Dash w/ salt & pepper. Spread tops w/ mustard lightly. Sprinkle brown sugar ontop & spread with ketchup. Bake @ 325 for 1 1/4 hours. Place onion & lemons ontop of chops. Bake 15 minutes. Trim w/ pasley. Serves 5-6!
            BARBEQUE BEEF CUPS Another easy one that's great for a quick lunch for the kids or when the guys are watching football! I double it. 3/4 lb ground beef 1/2 C barbeque sauce 1 Tb dried minced onion 1 (12 oz) package refrigerated biscuit dough 1/3 C shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever you like!) 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the cups of a muffin pan. 2. In a large heavey skillet over medium heat, cook beef until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Stir in barbeque sauce and dried onion. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat. 3. Flatten each biscuit, and press into cups of the prepared muffin pan. Make sure the dough comes to the top of the pan. Spoon a portion of the meat mixture into each dough cup. 4. Bake in preheated oven for ~12 minutes. Sprinkel with cheese and bake till melted.
              14 MINUTE CHILI & RICE WRAPS 1 can (15 oz) chili with beans (you pick the brand!) 1/2 C water 1 C Minute white rice (I use brown), uncooked 6 four tortillas (I use wheat) 6 inches Optional: shredded cheddar cheese diced tomatoes sliced green onions Bring chili & water to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in rice; cover. Cook on low heat 5 minutes. Spoon 1/3 C chili mixture onto each torilla. Top with optional items if desired. Fold up sides to enclose filling. Secure w/ toothpicks if desired.
              nemo1

Tachos Nachos: 1 lb ground beef 1 package taco seasoning 1 can refried beans 1 bag of tortilla chips Jalapeños (optional) Colby Jack cheese Toppings: Sour Cream Guacamole Salsa Shredded lettuce Tomatoes Onions Directions: In frying pan, brown ground beef. Drain grease. Follow directions on package of taco seasoning for one pound of ground beef. Add refried beans. Evenly spread a layer of tortilla chips on baking sheet. Drop meat mixture on top of chips. Spread cheese over chips. Add Jalapeños if desired. Cook at 350◦F 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with desired toppings. Serve
                nemo1

This one sounds weird, but it is one of my favorites. Give it a try. Smile Hotdog Casserole Note: This recipe can be modified to the number of people eating. To estimate the proper amount of potatoes needed. Fill the bottom of the pan that will be used for cooking with one layer of potatoes. The amount of hot dogs, green beans, and cheese sauce can be modified depending on the number of potatoes used. 1 package hotdogs 2 cans green beans Eight potatoes Cheese sauce: ½ package of Velveeta cheese Milk Directions: Make one layer of raw potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish to be used in order to ascertain the correct number of potatoes to be used. Adjust the amount accordingly. Peel and cube the potatoes. Place in boiling water; cook until a fork pushed through easily releases from the potato. Cube the Velveeta cheese. Once the potatoes are almost finished cooking, place a second smaller saucepan on top of the boiling water the potatoes are in, in order to create a double boiler. Place the cheese in the saucepan until melted; add milk until the right consistency to make a sauce. Once the Velveeta sauce is made; set aside and drain the potatoes. Evenly place in casserole dish. Drain the cans of green beans. Pour over the potatoes. Slice hotdogs into ¼ inch slices. Sprinkle evenly over the green beans. Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the hotdogs. Cover with foil. Cook at 350◦F until hotdogs and green beans are heated.
                    MEATBALLS & PASTA WITH OLIVES Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 3 Tb packaged seasoned bread crumbs 2 Tb milk 1 lb grnd beef chuck 1 med red onion, chopped 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes w/ Italian herbs 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce 1 1/2 C. water 1 C. halved pitted black & green olives 1 C. uncooked elbow pasta Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional) 1. Combine crumbs w/ milk in med bowl. Add bee; mix well. Divide into 12 equal portions; shape each into a ball. 2. Heat nonstick straight-sided 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs; brown all over, a bout 6 minutes. Remove meatballs from skillet. Add onion; saute until softened, about 8 minutes. 3. Add diced tomatoes, tomate sauce, water & olives. Bring to boiling. Stir in elbow pasta. Add meatballs; cover; simmer 15 minutes, until pasta is tender. 4. Sprinkle w/ shredded Parmesan cheese if desired. Note: I would cook the meatballs a little longer than just browning the outside as too much liquid disappeared waiting for the meatballs to cook after adding to the sauce. Ended up having to add more water...but if you cook them till almost done, it'd eliminate that problem.
                    obiebyke

Hey all, Can I get a tip about cooking meat? I got a cast iron griddle pan so I could grill some nice organic meat for protein. The problem-- it SMOKES and SMOKES! I'm sitting here typing with the exhaust fan on, another fan on, windows open, and the whole apartment smelling charred. And I had to finish cooking the TWO CHICKEN BREASTS I was trying to grill in the microwave! What am I doing wrong?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Hey all, Can I get a tip about cooking meat? I got a cast iron griddle pan so I could grill some nice organic meat for protein. The problem-- it SMOKES and SMOKES! I'm sitting here typing with the exhaust fan on, another fan on, windows open, and the whole apartment smelling charred. And I had to finish cooking the TWO CHICKEN BREASTS I was trying to grill in the microwave! What am I doing wrong?
                        I don't own any cast iron (though it's on my wish list), but maybe Trent would have a tip or two? I think he has at least one cast iron pot, and though he doesn't eat meat, he may have ideas to prevent the smoking. Trent? Smile
                          Is this the first time you've used it? Cast iron pans bought new come with a very thin wax coating which protects them during transport. This smokes when you first use it. You need to scrub this off with a scouring pad before use (although its food safe so you wont have done yourself any harm by not doing). Your pan needs seasoning. Once you are happy that the protective coating is gone, lightly oil the inside then leave on a low heat for quite a long time (1/2 an hour or more) or in a hot oven. Once finished wipe any excess oil off with a paper towel. The oil left provides a protective and non-stick coating for the pan.
                            Also, if the pan has been used ALOT, it develops lumpiness and needs to be " Burned Out". As you are not supposed to clean cast Iron with soap, you are just supposed to clean it under hot water with a scour pad. Not all food you cook on cast Iron comes off entirely, so it develops a lumpiness, or uneven residue on the surface. When you continue to cook on it, it will smoke and progressively get worse. To " Burn it out", the best way is to put it outside on your gas grill and close the lid on a moderately high heat, and let it burn out for about an hour. It will get hot enough to release all the solids that have built up on it. You can also do this in an open fire pit as well if you have one. Your pan will require you to re-season it after burning it out, and the best re-seasoning agent there is is good ole Bacon Fat. If you don't have any of that on hand, just use canola oil and grease the pan very very well, and put pan in the oven on a low temperature ( 250 degrees) and after one hour, re-coat it again and repeat. Pan will be nice and smooth and ready to cook on again. You will need to do this at least twice a year with cast Iron, if not more if you notice it start to smoke again. Keep in mind that most cast iron will smoke slightly, It should not cause your fire alarm or smoke detector to go off though. Hope this Helps and Good Luck! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

If you like burgers...and I mean burgers made out of meat...here's the real deal. And it's not cheap. By that, I mean, it's not as cheap as ground beef. Get a pound of chuck, and about a pound or so of rib-eye. Stick it into the freezer for about an hour...you do NOT want it to freeze, but you want it to be a little solid. Also, remember, you've got 2 pounds of meat here, you're going to get a lot of burgers. Take it out of the freezer, cut it into chunks, and put it in the blender. Chop it up. This will take a while. Pulse...clear it out, pulse again...it works better if the beef is cold. Mix, add salt and pepper, maybe Mrs. Dash or something like that, form into patties, and cook it on a *HOT* cast iron skillet, brushed with peanut oil. They turn out awesome. Yes, they cost a little bit more than usual. But they are fantastic. One of the keys is, make sure the meat is cold when you put it in the blender. Another is, handle them as little as possible.

Jeff

BARBEQUE BEEF CUPS Another easy one that's great for a quick lunch for the kids or when the guys are watching football! I double it.
                                Made this tonight though I very roughly followed the actual recipe...more or less utilized the concept. We had this for dinner with big salads. It was great! My kids loved it. I'll use this again for lunches on snow days or weekends. Thanks, Joni! Big grin
                                So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3