A-Z Recipes

Cookie Recipes (Read 818 times)

go here! Smile
      CHOCOLATE CHIP TREASURE COOKIES 1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs 1/2 C all purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) 1/2 C margarine or butter, softened 1 (3 1/2 oz) can flaked coconut (1 1/3 C) 1 12 oz pkg semi- sweet chocolate chips (2 C) 1 C chopped walnuts Heat oven to 375*F. In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, flour & baking powder. In large mixer bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk & margarine until smooth. Add graham cracker crumb mixture; mix well. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips & walnuts. Drop by rounded Tb onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Store loosely covered @ room temp. Makes about 3 dzn. Yum yum yum
        Ingredients: 1 Package of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookes. Instructions: 1. Place package on counter (in dog-proof zone) for 2-3 hours. 2. Cut open package. 3. Remove one cookie. 4. Eat. 5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as desired. 6. Place package in a ziplock bag. 7. Return to fridge until 2-3 hours before ready to next enjoy cookies.
          Ingredients: 1 Package of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookes. Instructions: 1. Place package on counter (in dog-proof zone) for 2-3 hours. 2. Cut open package. 3. Remove one cookie. 4. Eat. 5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as desired. 6. Place package in a ziplock bag. 7. Return to fridge until 2-3 hours before ready to next enjoy cookies.
          How hilarious! Many nights where this is my kind of cookin'!!! Big grin
          RunningHammer

CHOCOLATE CHIP TREASURE COOKIES 1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
            Forgive me, I'm in the UK so I don't know what Graham Crackers are! Blush We have something called Jacobs Crackers here, which are dry hard wafer/biscuits that are savoury, made from wheat flour, and are usually eaten with cheese. Are they similar to Graham Crackers?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Graham crackers are a wheat cracker, but more like a cookie/biscuit. They are sweet, but not as sweet as a regular cookie. Ingredients Here's a funny history: wikipedia

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

hhhmmm ... i think we do have sweet crackers here though i can't remember what they're called. That wiki got me thinking though - it says they're more like digestive biscuits - and i've seen tv chefs use digestive biscuits here for cakes/biscuits. Personally I've only ever used them for the base of cheesecakes. Do you think digestive biscuits are a good alternative?
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Personally I've only ever used them for the base of cheesecakes. Do you think digestive biscuits are a good alternative?
                  If they are used as a cheesecake crust, then I would be willing to bet that they are the same sort of thing. Graham cracker crust is pretty much the standard ingredient for cheesecake crusts in the US (with butter and sometimes extra sugar). k

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

Excellent, cheers Kirsten! Just one more question then - the can of flaked coconut...not sure if you can get that here or not. When you buy cans of coconut it's usually the coconut milk...should it be dry (in which case i'll get dessicated) ?
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm guessing that would be the dry stuff. I've never seen it in a can, though. I've always seen flaked coconut in bags (same as the dessicated, I believe). Damn, all this talk about that recipe and now I am dying to try it! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

me too - definitely one for this Sunday Big grin
                          Excellent, cheers Kirsten! Just one more question then - the can of flaked coconut...not sure if you can get that here or not. When you buy cans of coconut it's usually the coconut milk...should it be dry (in which case i'll get dessicated) ?
                          Davey, definately dried shredded coconut! Smile Actually, I was kind of mindlessly typing the recipes in here and didn't even notice the recipe says "canned" coconut. We buy the shredded dried coconut here in bags. Another thing to consider is the dried flaked coconut here is also sweetened...so don't know if you'd have to add some sugar to the recipe or not. You'd have sweetness from the milk and chips, but the coconut here is really sweet, so maybe add a bit of sugar..??....
                            BANANA SOFT COOKIES This is a really good way to get rid of those too ripe bananas! Kinda turns out like banana bread consistency. Nice and moist! 3/4 C butter flavored Crisco 3/4 C brown sugar 1 egg 1/2 tsp vanilla 2-3 mashed ripe bananas 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp soda 2 C all purpose flour Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg, vanilla & bananas. Beat well. Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes (check 'em). Add icing. Makes 2-3 dozen. ICING I'm including this part though I've never made it. The cookies haven't lasted long enough for me to mess with frosting! Smile I did write a note that someone said to cut the frosting amount in half. I usually do the exact recipe, though, first time around. 6 Tb brown sugar 4 Tb milk or cream 4 Tb margarine 1/2 tsp vanilla Powdered sugar Bring sugar, milk & margarine to a boil. Remove from heat. When cool, add vanilla and powdered sugar to desired consistency. You can spread it on cooled cookies or drizzle it over warm cookies.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG...banana cookies?! *faints*

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

Davey, definately dried shredded coconut! Smile Actually, I was kind of mindlessly typing the recipes in here and didn't even notice the recipe says "canned" coconut. We buy the shredded dried coconut here in bags. Another thing to consider is the dried flaked coconut here is also sweetened...so don't know if you'd have to add some sugar to the recipe or not. You'd have sweetness from the milk and chips, but the coconut here is really sweet, so maybe add a bit of sugar..??....
                                sounds like i might need to taste the mixture for sugar content then, just so i can determine if more is needed, you understand!!! Wink i'm going to have a go at these on Sunday - my missus is looking forward to some American-style cookies! I'll report back and let you know how i get on with the british equivalents of the ingredients...i think i should be able to make a passable attempt.