A-Z Recipes

What immersion blender should I buy? (Read 340 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Maybe this year I'll be able to complete the week of biking in Wisconsin instead of having to sag on the last day due to no sleep. DH and I decided it was safer to sag then to just stop in the middle of the road for a nap (which is what my body really wanted to do!).
    jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Just added the blender to my Christmas list. Thanks for the input.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We had a Braun stick blender that was a complete piece of crap (had it a long time before we actually used it...died maybe the 3rd time we tried it, but it was too late to return it and the warranty had long past expired). did took it apart (and actually didn't end up in the ER, for a change) and said that the motor in it was a poor design...it basically ate itself. We now have a Hamilton Beach one that is OK. Kinda weak. I think we had another one in there that lasted a while and we eventually wore out. Can't recall what brand it was, now. As useful as they are, I think the next one we get will be a bit more $$. They really seem to be a get-what-you-pay-for sort of appliance. That KA one looks nice. We've had good luck with our other KA small appliances.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Just an update - I got the Kitchenaid immersion blender for Christmas. I love it. I'm using it almost every day!
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Big grin