A-Z Recipes

Green Peppers (Read 283 times)

A Saucy Wench

For starters I am not a huge fan but my CSA is drowning me in them.  I need some ideas. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They dry very well.  You can then grind them and add them to stuff.

Omelets.  Pizza.  A bell pepper puree, cooked down a bit is a nice sauce.

Mexican Stuffed Peppers? you know, meat, beans, taco seasoning, some rice..... slow cook in taco seasoned tomato sauce?

chop and freeze for additions to meatloaf.

Green peppers are such a strong flavor presence in anything, so it's tough if you aren't really a fan..... Good Luck, and post what you ARE making with them..... I am always up for some new Ideas

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

So far I've used 15 C. of them in salsa this year; each batch takes 5.  Of course, you need jalepenos, onions and tomatoes (which are going nuts right now) too.

MTA:  And Cheffy already hit on it, but I freeze mine too. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I like to roast and then peel them before freezing them.

Ennay, I have no idea what to do with green peppers, but since this is the food forum and all, I wanted to mention that I had a dream the other night that you met me and my mom in L.A. for tiramisu.

That's all.

A Saucy Wench

If I freeze them again this year I'll roast them first.  I still have 2 quarts of diced green peppers from last year.  Part of the problem this year is the cold weather means the hot varieties have ZERO heat.  None.  Nada.  So I am getting double the peppers with no heat.  The other problem is the CSA gal planted way too much.  She has an 18 gallon tote and if she doesnt fill that sucker every week she is miserable.  So 6 kinds of green peppers it is!

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, I have no idea what to do with green peppers, but since this is the food forum and all, I wanted to mention that I had a dream the other night that you met me and my mom in L.A. for tiramisu.

That's all.

I would TOTALLY meet you and your mom in LA for tiramisu any time. 

"Part of the problem this year is the cold weather..."

Never mind. You're not invited.    Joking

mta: what's going on with the quote function these days?

A Saucy Wench

"Part of the problem this year is the cold weather..."

Never mind. You're not invited.    Joking

mta: what's going on with the quote function these days?

You'd think you'd be over that weather jealousy by now.  It is NOVEMBER here.  NOVEMBER.  I'm only allowed to run on level grass.  I am going to go out to a field this afternoon and run and be covered in mud and grass clippings  from waist to toe.  My kids are pulling out the sweaters with snowmen and santaclaus on them. 

I'm crashing the damn tiramisu party and I am  bringing a rainstorm with me.