A-Z Recipes

Frozen potatoes? (Read 214 times)

Does anyone know how to cook frozen potatoes? (And, no, I dont mean french fries!) I have never seen them before! But I tried to use them in my curry last night and it was definately weird trying to get them to cook - I didnt expect them to take so long! Any suggestions are much appreciated!
      Ya mean simply a big ol' potatoe that's frozen? Cut up? Whole?
        Its a bag of frozen potatoes. Peeled. I think they are whole, but they are small potatoes. Like the size of new-potatoes.
          Well this is a new one to me. I can honestly say I've never bought (or seen?) a bag of whole potatoes- even small ones...but then I guess I really haven't ever looked either. I'd have to believe if you bought them, that they were partially cooked before they'd been frozen, otherwise it seems they'd be all mushy when you thawed them. I accidentally found this out as my in-laws gave us a 50# bag, we left it in our garage, then it got cold and started freezing. We couldn't use them up fast enough, so a lot got frozen. I thought I'd go ahead and try to use them anyway, but the consistency when cooking them was just yucky. Other than sticking the lid on the pan to keep the heat in and maybe distribute it a little more evenly, I don't know what else you'd do. Maybe next time put the potatoes in first, based on how much "extra" time you found yourself waiting, then throw in the rest of the stuff and finish it off. Or, defrost in the microwave and then throw them in the pan? Sorry to have no real great answer. Did they turn out ok after you finally got them cooked?