A-Z Recipes

Kentucky Derby Pie (Read 390 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apparently winners at the local Fiddlin' Fish 5k got to take home pies. One was Derby Pie. My momma makes a fine Derby Pie. Here is the recipe - 1 cup sugar 1 cup flour 1 stick butter 1 cup chocolate chips 1 cup nuts 1 egg 1 more egg Mix together, pour into a pie shell and bake at 350 until done, but not too done. Info - http://www.derbypie.com/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_pie
      mmmmm....love Kentucky Derby Pie. I basically use my pecan pie recipe & throw in chocolate chips. It is like a slice of heaven.
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have never had that...but it sounds like a simple slice of heaven...like shortbread with chocolate chips. Ooohhh... Big grin Wait...what was that sound?! Oh, it was the button on my pants flying across the room. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Shortbread with chocolate chips? Ever heard of chocolate chip cookies? This is essentially chocolate chip cookie pie.
            Oh no, I have a recipe for chocolate chip cookie pie. I'll grab it from the restaurant & post it next time I work. It's wonderful!
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shortbread with chocolate chips? Ever heard of chocolate chip cookies? This is essentially chocolate chip cookie pie.
              Chocolate chip cookies have eggs, shortbread does not. Ergo your recipe is closer to chocolate chip shortbread than it is to cookie pie. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, it should have eggs in it. Ooops. Fixed.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, it should have eggs in it. Ooops. Fixed.
                  Ha! OK, now that sounds nothing like shortbread, but definitely like a cookie. Man...I need to not see recipes like that when I am tapering and not running enough to eat that stuff... *covers eyes and leaves room*

~ Sarah Kay