A-Z Recipes

What mixer would you buy? (Read 458 times)

A Saucy Wench

My crappy one just bit the dust. WOOHOO!!!!  That thing was a wedding gift and has needed to be replaced for at least a decade. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I love my Kitchen Aid!  We got it for our wedding 14 years ago and it is still going strong.  The one time it blew a belt, they replaced it without question.  And I do try to abuse the thing.  I have the one with the arms on the side.

I love my Kitchen Aid!  We got it for our wedding 14 years ago and it is still going strong.  The one time it blew a belt, they replaced it without question.  And I do try to abuse the thing.  I have the one with the arms on the side.

+1

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

A Saucy Wench

yeah, I have heard good things about the kitchen aid.  That one comes with a bread hook right?  Have you used it for bread? I think Costco sells them too.

I like the bowl.  Mine has a glass bowl that we have gone through 3 of in the last 18 years. But now the part that holds one of the beaters in is broken.

MTA: Yes that is the one I have been drooling over in Costco for the last 2 years and been tempted to buy.  Better get it quick before we get poor.  

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I use it for bread and other doughs all the time.  That is how I threw the belt years ago (hint: don't mix the dough with it for more than 2 minutes at a time).  The steel bowl is super-tough and you can buy extras.  The standard KA mixer comes with the dough hook, a whisk and a "paddle" attachment.  Worth the price.
              I use it for bread and other doughs all the time.  The steel bowl is super-tough and you can buy extras.  The standard KA mixer comes with the dough hook, a whisk and a "paddle" attachment.  Worth the price.

+1

I LOVE it!!

HOSS1961

Same here Pro 600 I think.  I use it weekly.

HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Ostrich runner

I love the kitchenaid for making icecream too.  The thing can do just about anything.  Worst abuse I ever gave it was making plantain fritters for 75. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

+1 on the KitchenAid  LOVE IT. We got it for our wedding 2 years ago.

My husband loves it too because it is the closest thing to a power tool that we own. Smile

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

A Saucy Wench

arrrrrrgggghhhh... so I did buy the mixer and the next day my food processor broke and I havent used the mixer yet, but  i NEED  the food processor tonight.  blah.  Time to go shopping.  I went to costco and looked at their food processor but I am used to a 14 cup bowl, 11 just seemed too small.

A Saucy Wench

My husband loves it too because it is the closest thing to a power tool that we own. Smile

Oh.  wow.  I should post a picture of our garage sometime.  It is the neatest most organized room in the house.