The Monkey Games
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon spice mix (I use cinnamon, clove, alspice, candied ginger, orange rind)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups mixed apples, grated
- 2 cups mixed apples, processed
- 1 cup raisins, dried dates, dried currants, processed together with apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans, processed together with apples
- can add some sweet wine and/or honey to food processor to help puree the apples, dried fruit and nuts
In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then stir in chopped apples, raisins, and pecans. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Grease 2 9x5-inch loaf pans and line bottoms with waxed paper. Greased waxed paper. Pour batter into pans, smoothing the top with a spatula or spoon. Bake for 60-70 minutes at 325°, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
I'm running somewhere tomorrow. It's going to be beautiful. I can't wait.
I could go for a slice of that right now.
With a smear of butter of course!
So with the apples you processed did you break them down into basically an applesauce and add them to the mixture?
Yep, although they were processed with the nuts and raisins/dates, so it was pretty pasty.