A-Z Recipes

Bread recipes. (Read 259 times)

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I have taken the plunge into bread making.  I don't have a bread machine.  No problem, I find that kneading it is pretty therapeutic. 

At any rate, do you have any favorites you would be willing to share?  Thanks.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

A Saucy Wench

13 oz warm water

2T oil

3T honey

3.75 c Bob's red mill whole wheat flour

1/2 c. steel cut oats

2T gluten

2T dry milk

1.5 tsp salt

1T yeast

(add later)

1/2 c. sunflower seeds (raw)

1/4 c. flax seed (sesame works too)

I use a bread machine through the first knead.  For scratch baking I would say mix the water and honey and make sure it is appropriate temp, add the yeast and let it work for 10 min or so.  Add the oil.  I usually premix the rest of the dry ingredients leaving out a bit of the flour and work a soft dough and then add the rest of the flour as needed.  After you have gotten the dough fairly well kneaded add the seeds and knead to mix through.   Follow any standard double rise procedure. Usually about 50 min each rise

usually when I shape the loaves instead of flouring my work surface I sprinkle it with rolled oats so there is a nice sprinkling on the outside of the loaves. (This makes one large or 2 small loaves)

I preheat the oven to 400 but turn it down to 375 as soon as I put the loaves in.  Bake ~35 min. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Excellent, thanks Ennay. 

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.