Beginners and Beyond

Fogday Mondailies (Read 36 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Got up , took the dog out, couldn't see the end of the porch.  Light drizzle and NO visibility. went back to bed for a couple hours.  Will do 6 this afternoon if I get home in time and have the gumption.  I really prefer mornings.

I started a daily, the apocalypse is near.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Hi Mr. Ridge, hi Dailies,

Kids are gone to their cousins' place so yesterday my old lady and I went walking to see a movie, then went to eat where there was only craft beer (yeah!) and a jazz trio playing and then walked home. Good times! The kids are only coming  back tomorrow so today might be nice too.

I'll run 7 miles. It's sunny but chilly, windchill of 7. Coffee first.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

I have 6-8 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me

Marjorie

delicate flower

Happy Monday!!  And now that the holidays are over (New Year's doesn't count), it's time to get that diet back in check.  Too much bad food the last few weeks, which I don't mind eating except that it has left me feeling BLAH.

I've got 3-4 easy miles to do later.  Marathon training begins today and my coach will spend the first few weeks building my miles back up (35ish this week).

<3

Cyberic

I've got 3-4 easy miles to do later.  Marathon training begins today and my coach will spend the first few weeks building my miles back up (35ish this week).

Hopefully your relationship with the coach will be benificial.

B-Plus

FFS, why didn't I take this week off of work?

I'm heading out for 8.

happylily

Morning!

Nice romantic night out, Eric!

PR, thanks for starting the dailies. But I'm sure the world will survive this anomaly.

Ladies, enjoy your day!

I'm back at work, but I have a pre-surgery appointment at the hospital later today, so my sister will arrive soon to replace me. Since I won't be allowed to run for 2 or 3 weeks after the surgery, I've decided against starting training and I'm skipping Boston. I might register for NYCM when registration opens on Jan. 15th, though. I just received notification that I have guaranteed entry from qualifying in NY this past Nov. It's a slow course, but a fun one. I think I'm done with PRs anyway.

3 or 4 easy miles later tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Lily - I missed the part about why you are having surgery. Hope it is something minor and you have quick recovery!

I set the alarm and got up early to go the Y - repeat of Saturday's one-mile walk bookends to a strength training workout. Knee felt pretty good this morning, which was a surprise because last night it hurt badly enough just sitting/laying around that I took Advil PM before bed. Strange.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Nice romantic night out, Eric!

PR, thanks for starting the dailies. But I'm sure the world will survive this anomaly.

Ladies, enjoy your day!

I'm back at work, but I have a pre-surgery appointment at the hospital later today, so my sister will arrive soon to replace me. Since I won't be allowed to run for 2 or 3 weeks after the surgery, I've decided against starting training and I'm skipping Boston. I might register for NYCM when registration opens on Jan. 15th, though. I just received notification that I have guaranteed entry from qualifying in NY this past Nov. It's a slow course, but a fun one. I think I'm done with PRs anyway.

3 or 4 easy miles later tonight.

Good luck with the surgery, sorry about Boston, but very excited about NY.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I'm off until Friday (I know, a one day work week!).   Today I shall stay in my PJs until noon.

LRB

I started a daily, the apocalypse is near.

Pace Cadets in the house.

I have got all kinds of crap going today. None of it includes running or working out, most of it includes my body metabolizing excess calories into fat. lol

B-Plus

I wore my thin tights.

No more shorts weather, even for me -- 24 degrees. I guess it's winter. 6 miles.

Dave

LRB

I haven't worn shorts since getting them stupid tights. Although with the morning temps expected to get into the teens those days could be done as well.

I do have the thicker pair of tights but prefer the look of the thinner pair.