Beginners and Beyond

Do you have a Facebook addiction? (Read 139 times)

Hip Redux

MIT has the cure.

(and yes, I got this link from FB)

happylily

i won't be needing the MIT treatment, since I have an aversion to Facebook. But I'll happily slap anyone who feels an addiction to it, as a form of personalized treatment. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

These people have too much time on their hands!  But I guess people can be addicted.

Marjorie

Singer who runs a smidge

It says it would work for a "user specified website"!  So for all of you RA addicts ...

And yes, I am addicted to FB, among other sites.  But I usually check it off my phone, so this won't help!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

I have an addiction to drinking.  Luckily, that addiction has its own built-in Pavlov Poke when I exceed my preset daily intake; I pass out!   Cool

Sloooow.

I have an addiction to a silly site called Swagbucks. You do surveys and other crap to get points, towards giftcards. In 5 days, I've got $25 in Amazon giftcards. Laugh it up! As someone who cannot legally work, I get excited when I order 4 lbs of coconut sugar and elderberry syrup for free, lol.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I don't even have one. Waste of time, in my opinion.

#artbydmcbride

I have the opposite to a facebook addiction....I have folks IRL ask me "did you see my message on fb?"  "Did you see the pics yet?"  and I am forced to go to facebook to see what the hell they are talking about.  Blush

Runners run

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have the opposite to a facebook addiction....I have folks IRL ask me "did you see my message on fb?"  "Did you see the pics yet?"  and I am forced to go to facebook to see what the hell they are talking about.  Blush

I know the feeling. I am considering one so I can sign up and participate in the whoirun4.com thing. That looks cool but you need a FB page.

delicate flower

Hmmm...I might have some use for the Pavlov Poke.  If I didn't have Facebook though, how could I tell everyone about my runs?  Sad

<3

Hip Redux

I have an addiction to drinking.  Luckily, that addiction has its own built-in Pavlov Poke when I exceed my preset daily intake; I pass out!   Cool

I was frequently stopped by the Pavlov Puke in college.

Big grin

RSX

I don't have it yet, but will probably do it this year.

Antipodean

I signed up reluctantly to Facebook to see what the fuss was about and hardly used it for a couple of years. I do like seeing photos from several friends who are overseas though. Finally, earlier this year, my running club started a Facebook page and I became an admin on it and I discovered how Facebook can be a good marketing/publicity tool. It also sometimes let me get race results/pics etc.

I have never felt any desire to post my own status update and probably never will.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

No addiction, it's just kinda there.

Little Blue

My sister calls me the last American Facebook virgin.  I don't, haven't, probably never will.  I realized long ago that I just don't care that much what everyone had for lunch, or what they're wearing today.  If something truly Earth shattering happens, I'll hear it from my MIL.  Meanwhile,  I don't need one more reason to bond with my laptop.