Beginners and Beyond

Look Lively Penguins, It's Wednesday! (Read 28 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

URD for me yesterday :-(  Had to work late. Some how I will get my 1.5 run in today - we are supposed to get heavy rain and thunderstorms. That may create a problem - I know penguins are waterproof, but they are not shock proof. Then later tonight I have a meeting with the high school seniors in the youth group. I'll find the time !

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Kickboxing and some light running today.

Gustav, hope you get to run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning  Pengs!

Gustav - please don't get electrocuted!

Damaris - enjoy your cross training.

AFM, did 5.1 on the TM last night.  I'm on call today so if i can squeeze in a few on the TM that will be fine but it could definitely be a RD as well.   We shall see!

Have a great day, everybody!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Gustav stay safe

Damaris you do kickboxing too? Super woman bad ass you are!

AFM- Just got back from 6am spin class at the gym. My first ever spin class! As soon as the instructor began the class he said, "Guess what everyone! It's RACE DAY!!!" and everyone groans. I guess 3 weeks a month are "training weeks" when they work on speed and endurance, and once a month they have "race day" as kind of a fitness test and extra difficult class. Perfect for my first class lol. It was a really good workout though, I liked it!

Leaving work early tonight to go to a Brooklyn Nets game with my dad....very excited!!

Have a great day Penguins!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

You snuck in, Hey Doc.... hope you get your miles in!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Bin Running

Gustav, hope the weather behave for you.

Damaris, enjoy the kick boxing.

Liz, hope you find some time on the TM.

Kristin, enjoy the game with dad.

6M easy for me today. Chafing still a little tinkering although I put on some Vaseline. Took off the top after 1M. Hope I didn't cause any discomfort to fellow runners. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Gustav, good morning, thanks for the start.

Damaris, enjoy your day.

Kristin, I've done a few of those spin classes when I was a member of this particular gym. We had a female instructor and she would kick my butt with those work outs.

Liz, have a good day however it turns out.

Bin, nice job on the 6. Don't worry about what others think about when running, the comfort is for you, ha.

I woke up to thunderstorms and a tornado watch. This will most likely be a RD for me.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

oh and the injury from falling hard on my knee at work yesterday seems fine today. Bruised, but otherwise ok. Thankfully!!!

Mitch that sounds scary be careful!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Hump Day Penguins!

Remember to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

And then you will look soooooo goood!

Did 4.5 miles around the university campus after work.   86 degrees and very humid.  I did my hill route and felt so good I threw in an extra hill at the end.  My last 1/2 mile the wind picked up like crazy - 25 mph gusts! - and the temp started to drop!  Quite a change now from yesterday - only 40 degrees this morning and our high today will only be 62.

Hope you are able to get your run in today, Gustav!

Happy kickboxing, Damaris!

Congrats on your TM run, Liz!  Now quit horsing around and get to work!  Oh...wait....  Wink

Wow, spin classes are tough, Kristin, congrats on getting through Race Day on your first class!  Enjoy the time tonite with your Dad!

Congrats on your 6, Bin!  Sorry the chafing is still bothering you.

Thunderstorms and a tornado watch!  Stay safe, Mitch!  And say "hi!" for me to Dorothy and Toto if you see them...

Thanks for all the thoughts, vibes, etc, yesterday!   The hospital staff was able to stabilize Gail's niece.  She is still in ICU but it looks like she is now doing a lot better.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Scotty, that is good news to hear about Gail's niece.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good news about thr neice scotty! Those pictures are hilarious!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I had to hustle my hips into work today, as my tech is out with a sick daughter and I have service reps who were waiting by the door when I got here.  Ah well, it happens.  I think I need a nap before I can look lively!!

Gustav -- good luck getting everything done!!

Docket -- have fun with your workout!

Doc -- hope you can get a few TM miles in!!

kristin -- so your banged knee from yesterday was feeling better?  Woo-hoo!!

Bin -- chafing sucks.  Glad you could run topless!!

hog -- sounds like a good day for an RD!!

Scotty -- glad Gail's niece is doing better!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!

MLR of 8 with 10x100 for me today.  I will run it at the track because the half marathon training group is meeting there tonight.  I won't be doing the same workout as they are, but at least I'll have company.  And I need to pick my daughter up from there anyway.

Scotty- So glad to hear your niece is stable.  Hoping for continued improvement!

Everyone else- stay safe out there!

Bin Running

Scotty, glad that Gail's niece is better now. Good vibes along the way to you and her family.

Mitch, thanks. Not intending to made a habit out of it. Haa. Sorry ladies.  I ain't got the body of brad pitt.

Hopesmom, try it someday. Hee.

A tragic accident happen near my old estate.  A 13 yo fetching his 7yo bro using bicycle was knocked down by a truck. Both of them didnt made it. Feeling a little depressed after reading the news. Just wanna hug DS after that.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar