Beginners and Beyond

You Can Sleep When You're Dead SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Am I right? Who needs this sleep stuff anyway? Plenty of time for that when you're six feet under.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

That's what I will be trying to tell myself on today's long run. Long day yesterday with a house full of kids, up many times during the night due to dry throat, stuffed up nose (yay! allergies!), DS getting up, etc., and a 4:15 alarm. Now, 22 miles on the schedule, including some at HMP and some at MP, if I can make it happen.

Then I think DS and I will be taking a friend and her kids to lunch for her birthday. She has had a hellish week (nightmare parent-teacher conference, ER visit and stitches for her three-year-old, going to court for divorce preceding next week in a messy situation with her ex asking for joint custody of the kids who are scared of him) and I'm hoping we can make at least a small part of her birthday a little better.

And then I will come home and crash.

Any racers out there today? Good luck!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hiya, Step!  Boy that's a whole lotta matzoh ball you're dealing with there.  Good luck with your 22 today!

I'm just sitting here fueling up for my LR myself.  Need my coffee and oatmeal.  I'll update everyone on my run when I return!

Have a good day, kids!

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, Dailies! Happy Saturday!

hoping to get in 3-4 miles after work this evening. Midwesterners, get your runs in early today before the snow.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

What up doe!

I rarely sleep soundly through the night as I cannot get my stupid brain to shut off while sleeping.  If I get a two or three periods of two hours worth of sleep I am usually good to go.

This morning my eyeball popped open for the final time at 5:57, just in time for me to catch the Looney Tunes from 6:00 to 7:00. 

I will be jogging at some point this morning and then a whole bunch of errands.  Right now though, I am just chilling.

Good luck on your 22 Step!  That is an absolute monster of a run.

happylily

Morning guys!

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom yesterday. You all made so much sense. It's true that my paces are the same, but they feel easier, like Andrew said. And LRB is right that I'm not really training for raw speed, more for endurance. But it's like I'm so tired now that I've lost sight of the goal, of my past experiences, etc... I was thinking last night about how in the past years I've always had two marathons per season. In winter/spring, I usually run one in January, and one in April-May. So I usually train 10 weeks, run a marathon, then train another 8 or 10 weeks, and run another marathon. This way, my cycles are broken with weeks of taper and recovery and a bit of excitement in the middle. This time is different. It's the first time in three years that I will train for 18 consecutive weeks. It's too darn long for me. Both physically and mentally. Anyway, I'm sorry for being such a baby again yesterday. What would I do without all of you? You are all so wise and supportive. Thank you 

I ran 15 miles last night on sore legs, because of the tempo run the night before (which I understand is Pfitz' intention, but damn it... it hurt!). 8:36 pace. Today is recovery mile day. I think I'm going to break it into small runs of 3 miles each, very slow miles. I have 20 tomorrow.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.  If I don't implode, this is the most back to back runs of more than 6 miles since January.  Surgery?  What surgery?  I slept 7 hours, a record.

Shari, enjoy your 22.

Phil, go get your LR.

Tom, enjoy your 3-4 after work.

LRB, enjoy your errands and jog.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lily, nice 15.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB, enjoy your errands and jog.

I did, 4 easy miles of really smooth and nice!  Without a jacket, multiple tech tops, thermal underwear, or big ass snow mobile gloves with hand warmers and two pair of glove liners underneath them!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got plans to go to the movies to see Noah, DH really wants to see it, me........ eh not as much but I am sure it will be good and with action.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

After two full RDs, I'm going to do 3 or 4 easy miles today.  I realized yesterday that it's almost impossible to rest my hamstring .  By the time I had weeded the yard, carried and stacked firewood and cleaned the chicken coop, I was much sorer than it was even after my HM.  I'm thinking the initial strain may have occurred trying to clear a field a few weeks ago, in which I was bending down and lifting rocks, as it hurts the most when i bend down and lift something up.  It really doesn't hurt when I'm running. I'm in a bit of a quandary as to what to do.  I think I'll try to resume easy running and just play it by ear.

I hope everyone enjoys their long runs today and good luck to any racers this weekend.

Life is good.

From the Internet.

Morning all! Baby long run of 8.26 to round out another record mileage week for me Smile Feeling pretty good, gonna try for the same schedule next week. 30 mpw doesn't seem quite so far away now!

delicate flower

Long run...DONE.  20.5 miles at 8:24 pace.  Yeah, baby!  My marathon PR is 8:36 pace.  Heh heh.  I did positive split my run though.  I need to keep it dialed back a bit those first 10 miles.  It felt easy but I should have known the pace was not sustainable.  Then again, the first 10 miles trend downhill, so there is that.  Anyway, I've had very good last 8 days.

<3

LRB

I'm thinking the initial strain may have occurred trying to clear a field a few weeks ago, in which I was bending down and lifting rocks, as it hurts the most when i bend down and lift something up. 

Sounds like you may need to incorporate some light stretching once that thing heals up.  I personally do dynamic stretching pre-run and static stretching throughout the day, not necessarily post-run.

Hi Lauren, you definitely have been prudent in your build up. Continued well wishes to you!

Free, if they serve yummy four cheese thin crust pizza at your theater I will go with your DH!

Good morning lily, you are going to knock that fuckin race right out of the park girl!

Boon, why haven't you updated us on your run yet?! MTA: Nice run yo! lol 

'Sup Tom, nice work clearing that tree the other day.  I meant to post it then but forgot.  lol

As for me, I am eating.  What else is new!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I don't think they do. oh and it is a family event.....there will be 9 of us, have to get there early ya know. Oh, they now do reserve seats at our theater...but we'll still get there early. Smile

Sounds like you may need to incorporate some light stretching once that thing heals up.  I personally do dynamic stretching pre-run and static stretching throughout the day, not necessarily post-run.

Hi Lauren, you definitely have been prudent in your build up. Continued well wishes to you!

Free, if they serve yummy four cheese thin crust pizza at your theater I will go with your DH!

Good morning lily, you are going to knock that fuckin race right out of the park girl!

Boon, why haven't you updated us on your run yet?! MTA: Nice run yo! lol 

'Sup Tom, nice work clearing that tree the other day.  I meant to post it then but forgot.  lol

As for me, I am eating.  What else is new!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)