Beginners and Beyond

You Can Sleep When You're Dead SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, I just wanted to say that I saw how you ran your LR, with all the splits, when I peeked in the RWBF dailies. That is a very hard workout that you did! I think I did something like that only once a few years ago, and not even as long as what you did today. No wonder you were a bit off by a few seconds with the HM miles. You did awesome overall!

Rick, rest tomorrow? But you never rest!

Zel, enjoy the movie! What will it be?

Thanks! It was definitely challenging, but I'm hopeful that including some faster paced miles in my long runs will help make my race pace feel more comfortable when the day comes.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

No PR this morning at my 5K. I ran an official time of 29:44.....which is a minute and a half slower than my PR....oops. My PR is 28:16 which is a 9:07 pace. Ran the first mile this morning in 9:04 which was perfect and I felt GREAT at that pace. So my speed is coming back, as is my endurance (my 8 mile run last weekend felt really good) but clearly stamina is lacking because I hit the turn around (was an out and back course) and the headwinds hit full force and maybe that had an effect and maybe it was just me but I fell to a 9:50 pace and struggled to maintain it. When I finished the 2nd mile in 9:40 I was crushed and fell to an easy pace for a minute or so. But when people started passing me and I could see the finish I got a second wind. I really kicked it the last half mile and was able to maintain in the low 9s for the last half mile or so and out kicked a chick who had passed me before at the finish. 3rd mile was 10:00 flat due to the easy running at the beginning of that mile and last .12 was at 8:29 pace for a Garmin time of 29:49 official 29:44 (someone handed me my medal the SECOND I crossed the finish line and I was distracted by the bling and forgot to stop my Garmin right away hehe). Not a PR but all things considered (injury, illness, ect) I'm happy with it. That one 9:04 mile felt so so good despite the fact that I couldn't hold onto that pace so that is what I will take away from this.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

That one 9:04 mile felt so so good despite the fact that I couldn't hold onto that pace so that is what I will take away from this.

Excellent!

outoftheblue

Nice racing Kristin.  It sounds like you are on a good trajectory.

I hit the TM this afternoon.  I had only planned on 3 miles, but it felt so good to run again, I just kept going and ended up with 6.5 miles.

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice run, Kristin!  It's coming back.

3.5 miles, easy pace after work today.

Today marks the first time I ran on the Riverwalk in Chattanooga since I ran the 4 Bridges half last October (and ended up hurt and unable to run for 2 months). Despite the strong winds, it felt nice to be running on a familiar path again.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I am scouting my next flick and came across the New Schwarzenegger movie Sabotage, here are a few samples of reviews I have seen thus far:

"An ugly, abrasive and thoroughly charm resistant bag of slop."

"Schwarzenegger has checked out."

"Sabotage is wholly unnecessary, unfocused and downright unpleasant."

Maybe I should choose Noah instead!  lol

happylily

I am scouting my next flick and came across the New Schwarzenegger movie Sabotage, here are a few samples of reviews I have seen thus far:

Please, do. LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Kristin, well done!

Shari, those fast miles will greatly help you, no doubt!

OOTB, bravo on being able to run twice as far as you had planned!

Tom, it must have felt great to be running there. I'm so glad you are running again!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Kristin!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I did say I saw Sabotage, my review is earlier on this thread.  I have no desire to see Noah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ran 10 miles with hubby.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB

I did say I saw Sabotage, my review is earlier on this thread.  I have no desire to see Noah.

You said you liked it if I recall correctly?  You usually are pretty good with those things.