Beginners and Beyond

You Can Sleep When You're Dead SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

You said you liked it if I recall correctly?  You usually are pretty good with those things.

I am always contrary to what the reviews say.  For example, I think The American and Gravity are boring movies and among the worst I have seen....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I am always contrary to what the reviews say.  For example, I think The American and Gravity are boring movies and among the worst I have seen....

When Gravity ended I was like is that it?!  lol  It was like an hour long!

Docket_Rocket

True!  We just saw it on our way to PR and we were like WTF?  Good thing we didn't waste money on this shit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

We went to see the Great Budapest Hotel, and it was really good.

But even better than that, it was rainy, windy, and 44 degrees when we went in to the movie.  When we got out, it was sunny with blue skies and fluffy clouds.  Plus is was almost 60 degrees.  DH knew what I was thinking and joked that I should have brought my emergency running kit so I could get started right away.  But I hit the road a few minutes after getting home.

It was gorgeous, absolutely ideal weather for most of the run.  Everybody who had a window had dropped everything and gone outside.  It did start to rain a bit by 6 miles and started dumping by 10.

With a mile left to go, the sun came out.  I looked behind me, and it was a full-on double rainbow all the way across the sky!  Nice little pick me up for the last mile!  By the time I got home, it was blue sky and white fluffy clouds again.

And that was my last run over 10 until my HM.  Bring on the taper!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks everyone Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

We went to see the Great Budapest Hotel, and it was really good.

But even better than that, it was rainy, windy, and 44 degrees when we went in to the movie.  When we got out, it was sunny with blue skies and fluffy clouds.  Plus is was almost 60 degrees.  DH knew what I was thinking and joked that I should have brought my emergency running kit so I could get started right away.  But I hit the road a few minutes after getting home.

It was gorgeous, absolutely ideal weather for most of the run.  Everybody who had a window had dropped everything and gone outside.  It did start to rain a bit by 6 miles and started dumping by 10.

With a mile left to go, the sun came out.  I looked behind me, and it was a full-on double rainbow all the way across the sky!  Nice little pick me up for the last mile!  By the time I got home, it was blue sky and white fluffy clouds again.

And that was my last run over 10 until my HM.  Bring on the taper!

What a wonderful omen!

I'll have to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. I like Wes Anderson's movies.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

3.87 in the dark, in a snowstorm.  Hemingway could have written a novel about this bullshit.

I'll have to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. I like Wes Anderson's movies.

+1

Dave

Docket_Rocket

And BTW, the Sabotage movie was OK, not super good or anything.  Gravity still sucks.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

3.87 in the dark, in a snowstorm.  Hemingway could have written a novel about this bullshit.

Wish I was that dedicated.