Beginners and Beyond

No Shoes, No Shirt, No SATURDAILIES (Read 71 times)

Weezer88

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

~David~

I AM WEEZER.

Weezer88

Y-A-W-N-N-N-N-N!  Who the heck gets up this early to run?   Me!

Meeting up with the running group to start our LR (1 mile out-and-back plus a 13.5 mile loop) at 6 AM.   No coffee yet but I'll definitely need it later.  Please keep it hot for me!

Have a GREAT Saturday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Just B.S.

Morning!!

Who the heck gets up this early to swim! Me! LOL

It's my 5th time this week, I'm going to start growing gills!!

Hopefully a run later.

Have a good done daily folks!

flarunner

Mornin' Peepsters!

Well heck, I'm up early too!

Did 5 easy miles in some wind and spitting rain.

Have a fantabulous day and weekend everyone!

runmomto3boys

I am shooting for 20 miles today.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 5 or 6 with the group today then breakfast as usual.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My boyfriend and his dog are on the way up for a weekend visit for the 3 day weekend (he lives 3 hours away) so I'm up cleaning like a fiend. I like keeping the illusion my apartment is always so clean for as long as possible Wink. When I finish, if I still have time, I may try andget to the gym.

have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning early risers! I'm headed out for 16, with the last 3 at MP. I'm running with the running group, so the first 10 or so will be slower, then I'll venture out on my own to finish and pick up the pace. Enjoy your runs!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Supp crew!

Thanks for starting this fine thread this morning David!

Beth, your work in the pool will show this spring in the form of toned muscles!

Flo, good luck at your race tomorrow.  I will be thinking about you!

I am really happy you're back to running carefree X.  Good morning to you!

April, enjoy your run.  What's for breakfast?

SIAR, a 13 mile warmup?  Nice!

Me, I am going to enjoy the next hour or two drinking what I drink, while sitting here doing nothing.  We've got 30 MPH winds here so I may need two cups!  You know actually, that's not a bad idea....

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all.

I'm meeting a friend for about 4 miles, which my body says WILL BE recovery paced. And I will need the coffee after that to get through the rest of the day with DS, topped off with a family banquet/party this evening for his karate studio.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

alexis_run_nky

Good Morning DAILIES!

Weezer:  enjoy the group run!

Just B.S.: Enjoy the swim and the run if you manage to squeeze it in there!

Flarunner: Already finished 5 at 6:30 am??  Too early for me!

runmomto3boys: Enjoy the 20 miler!  I hope it goes well!

AprilRunner:  enjoy the group run then breakfast!  yum!

Kristin:  Enjoy cleaning (which no one does); my boyfriend thought I was a clean organized person and now it drives him nuts that my room is never clean (he is a clean freak though...); enjoy the gym too if you manage to squeeze that in.

SIAR: Good luck with the 16!

LRB:  I'd say 2 cups is quite necessary this morning.

As for me,  I am about to run to the hair salon where I will be meeting my mom (I'll be getting there when she is almost done).  It should be around 9.5 miles.  I haven't run this far in over a month so it could be interesting...

Have a great day everyone!  And everyone else, enjoy your runs/rest days/etc. today!!

LRB

Man, this is some good stuff!

Don't know how I missed ya Kris but I did.  Good morning!

Nice and easy is right Shari!

Let us know how it went Alexis!

Wow,it's almost 7am and I'm just getting up! I Haven't slept in this late for a while. Going for 3-4 after a couple cups o coffee.

Happy Saturday.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Who the heck gets up early if they don't have to? Just getting around to my first mug of coffee and don't plan to run until mid-afternoon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Anyone ever have a race dream? Or nightmare? Just remembered I had a dream last night about my 10K next weekend, that I'm trying to walk (as running 6 miles right now with how my ITBS is acting up will probably not be an option, even with another week of resting it). In my dream, a friend gave me an ugly shirt and asked me to wear it for her and all I could think of was it ruining my race photos. I forgot my ipod and my garmin at home. And then I couldn't find the place to pick up my bib and I didn't get one. Then, I was in the porta potty when the gun went off. Then I found out as I began that instead of going around the park, the race was going up and down escalators and stairs (with my ITBS stairs HURT almost as much as running does). So I dropped out of the race partway through.  What a dream!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to