Beginners and Beyond

Somnalent SaturDAILIES (Read 35 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Anyone awake out there? Anyone? Anyone? Baboon?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm not sure I qualify as awake, but I am moving. I got a call from a friend yesterday who had a couple of extra tickets to see an a capella group at the local high school last night and wondered if my son and I would like to go along. I hadn't expected it to be a full 2.5 hour concert, so we got home WAY past DS's bedtime, and really, past mine, too, considering I needed to be up early this morning to run. But it was fun - great high-energy music, and amazing sounds these guys could do with their voices.

So I'm starting my day with steel-cut oats and coffee, and 12-15 recovery miles (per a coach who has critiqued my training plan) for extra miles on my feet. Then taking DS to a couple of activities before home for pizza, a movie, and maybe an early bedtime for everyone. My body will be ready for rest - I'll be over 60 miles this week for the first time in months.

Have a great day, everyone!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

I'm up!  I've got a long run to tend to this morning.  And just my luck, we are experiencing record low temperatures today.  OH GOODY!  I just can't do today's run on a treadmill, man.

Heading up to Vermont tonight to ski tomorrow (cross day!).

Have a great weekend, kids!

<3

LRB

Anyone awake out there? Anyone? Anyone? Baboon?

And he answers first.  Nice!

I have plans to run fast in my future, just hoping for a window of tolerable temps in which to do it.

happylily

Morning Shari! That was a great 20 miler you had yesterday! And a med-LR as a recovery run??? You get the crazy hat for the day.  Sounds like you had a fun night last night and a great family day planned this afternoon. Enjoy!

I only have 7 at recovery and I planned on running them extra-super slow because this morning my legs are sore and I have an infection in a toe once again (always the same. The damn nail won't fall and the toe is purple and swollen). I didn't sleep well because of it. Then later I'm going to the grocery store to buy food for my DD and will drive to Montreal to visit. She also wants me to pick up a breast pump at a store somewhere (I only say that to make the men wince. )

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

So I'm starting my day with steel-cut oats and coffee, and 12-15 recovery miles (per a coach who has critiqued my training plan) for extra miles on my feet. 

WHERE'S THE BLUEBERRY-PEACH BAKED OATMEAL?

And a 12-15 mile recovery run? Hokay! Is that coach the Marquis de Sade?

But welcome (back) to the 60 club! 

Dave

I only have 7 at recovery and I planned on running them extra-super slow, but will probably end up doing 18 miles really fast. 

FYP.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Most likely another SRD as hubby went out for a run and I don't think the bike will be his first thought tonight.  The TM is half assembled to be continued today.  I still cannot drink, damn it, but at least I finally feel like the antibiotics are helping my infection.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I have plans to run fast in my future, just hoping for a window of tolerable temps in which to do it.

I have plans to run slow. Temps will be nice today! But, snow. Can't have everything.

Dave

Just B.S.

Just listening to the weather guy. Locally our coldest and most snowfall winter in 20

years. No surprise of course as we have been living it every day since mid November.

But the part where he said "its now March and no end in sight and coldest March in

20 years predicted" was a tad depressing. 

Ah well 6 miles on the mill this morning due to below zero temps and 35 mphr winds.

And 2 hours on the spin bike later today.

Been too sick to swim this week due to my second bout with the cold virus in 6 weeks but

Have been doing the runs however slowly. Can't wait to get back to the pool Monday.

Zelanie

Hey guys, I heard from Jack.  His family and his house are OK, but they've been evacuated and will probably not be back at home until Monday (and they may not have power even then).  But they're doing fine, and of course the kids are having a blast since they're staying with friends.

I have a 5K today instead of the 4 mile time trial my plan calls for.  I haven't raced a good 5K in over a year (only raced 2 last year and both had course issues).  Plus, my training has been better than it was for my fall races.  So, I'm thinking of going out at the pace I've been calling "Interval" and trying to hold on.  It's not until this evening, though.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the update, Mel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I was listening to the weather guy yesterday, and this year will likely go in as the 17th coldest winter on record for us since they started recording weather in 1880. 70 miles north in the small town of Grand Forks (where some Olympian hockey players go to school), it will be a top 10 coldest winter.

I had my LR today had Threshold pieces mixed in with it. It went something like 20 min Easy + 4x [5 min T Pace + 1 min Easy] + 1 hr Easy + 15 min T Pace + 20 min Easy. 15.47 miles in 2:19. Now it's time to take a break from running the rest of the weekend and tend to my daughter and my house. We're going to go to Fleet Farm and use my gift card from Christmas. Smile

Have a great day!

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hey guys, I heard from Jack.  His family and his house are OK, but they've been evacuated and will probably not be back at home until Monday (and they may not have power even then).  But they're doing fine, and of course the kids are having a blast since they're staying with friends.

I have a 5K today instead of the 4 mile time trial my plan calls for.  I haven't raced a good 5K in over a year (only raced 2 last year and both had course issues).  Plus, my training has been better than it was for my fall races.  So, I'm thinking of going out at the pace I've been calling "Interval" and trying to hold on.  It's not until this evening, though.

+1 on the Thanks for the update.

Good luck tonight on your 5k! I have a 5k and I'm going to do my "I" Pace + 10 or so for the first mile.

- Andrew

Zelanie

+1 on the Thanks for the update.

Good luck tonight on your 5k! I have a 5k and I'm going to do my "I" Pace + 10 or so for the first mile.

That would be more prudent, of course.  I guess I'll see how it goes.  When is your race?