Beginners and Beyond

Twisty Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

I did not bring enough lunch to eat today.   :/

My family laughs at how much food I cram into the lunch bag I bring to work. And they don't even see all the other stuff I keep stocked in a drawer in my office - pretzels, almonds, granola bars, etc. Yet I still sometimes run out, there are only so many pretzels I can eat in one day....

Dave

Ball of Fury

Hey everyone!  I tried to run this morning (the weather was perfect!), but after limping down the street, I just turned around and went home.  I definitely think it is the bursitis that is causing the limp, because it's just right at the hip joint that it is stiff and a bit painful.  Anyway, I did Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit (I forgot how hard that workout is!) and then did my stretches and hip strengthening.  I think I may take a  week or two and not even try to run, just do Insanity and my PT stuff.  I actually think Insanity will be good for strengthening my hips and glutes.

Basya and Scappo:  Hope you feel better soon!

Pink:  Hang in there!!

Phil:  Hope you had a safe trip home and your run goes well!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

I definitely think it is the bursitis that is causing the limp, because it's just right at the hip joint that it is stiff and a bit painful.

My sports doc told me to get a foam roller and try to roll that out.  I have not done it yet but the pain does not preclude me from running.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Off today and not for fun reasons...had a little bit of dental work done, yuk..  Knew I would be feeling kind of 'blah' afterwards, so got a run in this morning before the appointment at Lackland Air Force Base.  Not exactly tropical, for a change - altho San Antonio will hit 80 degrees today - temp at my run time was 62 degrees...but the humidity was 87% and the dewpoint was also high....very darn muggy out there!  Ended up with 3.8 miles done.   Now I'm home chillin' after my appointment, feeling no pain...nice pills the dentist gave me!

Pain...what pain?  Oh yeah....

Ma takvi se nasite kucijna denes

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ball of Fury

My sports doc told me to get a foam roller and try to roll that out.  I have not done it yet but the pain does not preclude me from running.

I foam roll and use the Stick at least daily, if not twice a day.  It's not so much the pain that keeps me from running, because it's not severe, just discomfort, but when the joint is really tight like it was this morning, my right leg drags a bit and I limp.  My sports doc said I can run as much as my body will tolerate (probably not more than 20-25 mpw right now), but that if I am limping, I should stop.  It's different every day...Saturday I was fine and then yesterday and today, limping.

MTA:  And maybe it's not the bursitis that is causing it, maybe it's the ITBS, it just seems to be all coming from the hip joint.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Marjorie, you have a harbor you can run around?  Nice!

Enjoy your early night, LRB!  What time will 'lights out' be?  "Strawberries, silk, and sugar"....  Tight lips   Gail thinks it's funny that I don't like strawberries, yet strawberry ice cream is my favorite ice cream.

Sorry you are not feeling well, Basya.  Hope that resolves quickly!

You too, Scapp?  Have you been running with Basya?  Wink   Hope you feel better!

Welcome back, Damaris.  Congrats on your marathon!

I don't think you'd want to live vicariously through me, Sarah; I have too many 'adventures' lol.  Wishing you speedy healing!

Safe travel, Phil!  Glad you can run again, but sorry you are feeling like crap.  Feel better!

Congrats on your miles, Step!

Busy schedule, Hobbit!  You might need a vacation to rest up from your vacation...

Congrats on your run in the nice weather, Andrew.

Happy comeback runiversary, B-Plus!  And look at you now, Mr. Speedy!

Enjoy the visit with your Mom, outoftheblue.  I have a 'visit" with my mom next month...her ashes will be put into Arlington National Cemetery beside my Dad's.  Time with loved ones is precious.  So enjoy every minute of that visit with her.

I can relate, Oski.  I mowed my lawn yesterday too, on my rest day. Sure didn't FEEL like a rest day, lol.

Way to get your miles in through the rain, Jack.  Glad there was no lightning when you were out there! Sorry about the lost toenail.  Hey, at least yours will grow back.  I have no nail forever on the big toe of my left foot after some surgery.  Just a kind of hump-shaped thing permanently.

Congrats on your trail run, SIAR!  Minimus shoes on a trail..surprised your feet don't hurt, running over rocks, sticks, etc.   I like trail running...but sometimes stuff happens to me when I do it... sprayed by a skunk once....knocked down by deer several times...ran into a horse butt...fell into a lake....gail says she likes to bike ride near me when I do a trail run, just for the amusement, lol.

Good luck with the 5 later, Ric!

Ami, I am so sorry you are dealing with all that!  Congrats on getting your Insanity workout in, though!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ami...so I asked around a little about Toledo for you. Basically, people further back from me found the bike path finish to be pretty crowded. I wouldn't say that's enough to rule out the race, but virtually all of us didn't think we'd do it again. Still, it is flat and fast. If I ever had another training cycle where I was just seeking a PR, then I'd consider it again. I hope that helps more than confuses ha. Feel better!

April...I actually feel guilty for not liking trails, like there's something wrong with me. I just get tired of looking at my feet. And, I like running where it's busy, even if that means car traffic. Glad I'm not alone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...wow! That's some crazy wildlife you have around you. It was mostly just me and the squirrels today. The shoes are actually the New Balance Minimus Trail, but they are basically a sock and a strip of rubber. They're good for building some of the stabilizer muscles I guess, but yes, rock contact can be a bit much.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

Thanks Scotty and others.

I don't like trail running much either, but not because of the trails. I have to drive there, so that's a pain plus then I need to carry my car keys and my garage remote. They were really weighing my shorts down last time. I guess next time I should wear my arm wallet or bring my handheld.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty...wow! That's some crazy wildlife you have around you. It was mostly just me and the squirrels today. The shoes are actually the New Balance Minimus Trail, but they are basically a sock and a strip of rubber. They're good for building some of the stabilizer muscles I guess, but yes, rock contact can be a bit much.

You think I have crazy wildlife, you should read - I think it was yesterday's thread - about Step and her run and all the wildlife she saw on her run!  I don't remember where she lives, but it sounds like she's running in a wildlife preserve park!

Ball of Fury

Ami...so I asked around a little about Toledo for you. Basically, people further back from me found the bike path finish to be pretty crowded. I wouldn't say that's enough to rule out the race, but virtually all of us didn't think we'd do it again. Still, it is flat and fast. If I ever had another training cycle where I was just seeking a PR, then I'd consider it again. I hope that helps more than confuses ha. Feel better!

April...I actually feel guilty for not liking trails, like there's something wrong with me. I just get tired of looking at my feet. And, I like running where it's busy, even if that means car traffic. Glad I'm not alone.

Thank you so much for the info and for asking around!  I ended up registering for Carmel last week because it was $37 for the marathon and was doubling up to $75 on Sunday.  I have heard great things, another girl in the sub 4 group is also running it, and I figured for that price, you really can't beat it!

LRB

Scotty, I am usually out well before 10:00 and wake up without an alarm clock between 4:45 and 5:15.

I will be heading out here in a bit for my now weekly Tuesday evening run, the last two of which have been abysmal.  I do believe however, that I have figured out what the issue is.

We shall see....

YAYpril - B-Plus

I don't like trail running much either, but not because of the trails. I have to drive there, so that's a pain plus then I need to carry my car keys and my garage remote. They were really weighing my shorts down last time. I guess next time I should wear my arm wallet or bring my handheld.

I take my car key off my keychain and throw my purse in my trunk, then lock it. I put my car key in a pocket if I have one (or my sports bra if I don't have one - but you probably don't keep one of those around).

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well Scotty I could in Charleston if I went downtown But i don't do that more than 1 or twice a year. I am in Baltimore today staying by the water front. So I got to do that today.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

Why do you carry the garage remote?  I just take the one key and put it in a pocket either in my shorts or tee or something like that.