Beginners and Beyond

Twisty Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

Just B.S.

Last faster run before marathon day. The next two runs will be slow and easy.

5k done in 27:15 into a strong (plaster your clothes to your body headwind) and another

mile cool down.

Felt amazing to be running in just tights and a t-shirt after a 6 month long winter!

Rondog65

Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a good day!!  A flyby post as I just got home from work, did a quick 4.7 mile run, shower, read a couple of quick posts and off to a long meeting this evening.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

YAYpril - B-Plus

4 miles done. Starting at 0.75 I did a fartlek every quarter mile - anywhere from 0.05 to 0.1 mile. That was hard work. I hauled it the last quarter mile.

LRB

4 miles done. Starting at 0.75 I did a fartlek every quarter mile - anywhere from 0.05 to 0.1 mile. That was hard work. I hauled it the last quarter mile.

Winning!

AmiK, a speedy and complete recovery.

Holy humid run, scottydawg!

Rick, I hope that tonight's run goes well.

Beth, yay for running well in regular clothes! Great time.

Rondog, fantastic 4.7.

AprilRunner, awesome four-miler.

I'm on my way to the gym for weights and cardio. I'm still congested, but it's all nasal. I'll do ab work at home, after I boil water for my neti pot, while waiting for the water to cool.

B-Plus

Great ideas April and Oski. In the past I've just taken my car remote off the keychain and carried that, with all the other keys and fobs hidden in my car. I don't live in the ghetto, but I still need to worry about car theft/break-in.

LRB

Rick, I hope that tonight's run goes well.

It did, because I finally slowed the hell down for that first half mile, which for whatever reason, I had been running at a 7:30 clip the past two weeks.  That would in turn, signal my body to burn glycogen for fuel which being 8 hours after speed work, there is none available.  I would thus feel like shit beginning around mile 2 and for the duration of the run.

Today though, I fought the ridiculous urge I get to run faster than easy in the evening and it worked.  Problem solved.

I do run in a glycogen depleted state when marathon training though which is how I figured out what was happening.  It was also a reminder of how much those runs suck.

Jess runs for bacon

Been a little crazy around here and will continue to be for the next few weeks, so don't miss me too inch in the dailies. just under 3 done then yoga.

flarunner

Thank you so much for the info and for asking around!  I ended up registering for Carmel last week because it was $37 for the marathon and was doubling up to $75 on Sunday.  I have heard great things, another girl in the sub 4 group is also running it, and I figured for that price, you really can't beat it!

Hey! I registered for the half!

I used to live in Carmel and have run on all those roads, so this will be a homecoming for me.

Oh, and a handful of guys from the Hurtlocker user group will be there as well.

Ball of Fury

Hey! I registered for the half!

I used to live in Carmel and have run on all those roads, so this will be a homecoming for me.

Oh, and a handful of guys from the Hurtlocker user group will be there as well.

Awesome!!  I'm hoping I will be in shape to go for a BQ but with this injury, I'm not sure!  We used to live on the west side near Eagle Creek.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rick, I'm glad that you learned what the problem was. That just sucked.

lilac_jive, three miles and yoga are not shabby. Brava in fitting exercise into your busy schedule.

Weights and forty-five minute on the AMT are done. I had a coffee a few minutes before the gym, so, perhaps, that helped the workout go as well as it did. After a few minutes, I felt less congested. A few minutes after finishing, the congestion returned. Meh. At least I can breathe a bit through my nose now.

I'm went to TJ Maxx to search for a spring jacket. No luck finding a jacket, but I found a pair of New Balance Minimus Zero Trails for $49.99. Sweet!

Now, I'm on my way home for ab work and a nasal rinse. I want this punk-@$$ cold gone!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Basya: "nasal rinse" ?  Interesting... I hope it helps!

Jack, I use this. I boil water to sterilize it, then mix half a teaspoon of kosher salt per cup into it, then let the saline solution cool for about half an hour. It makes colds and my allergies more tolerable.

Basya - At first I thought it was the dumbest thing ever but now I love my neti pot. Especially in the winter.

8.2 easy for me tonight.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Dang, I'm slow to post!

Evening, Dailies!

I'm back home now, so things are starting to get back to something resembling normal (was out of town for 8 days and it really threw me off).

5 miles today after 2 rest days in a row. I did something of a pyramid with the third mile being the fastest, then I slowed a bit for the last two. It was a good run, and if I hadn't needed to get home to do other tasks, I probably would have pushed out another mile or two.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54