Beginners and Beyond

NRR: When I first came onto RW (Read 315 times)

Nevrgivup

I believe you are who you are. This is kind-of funny, because I was recently thinking about the original James Park. I wonder if he ever came back as another poster. The internet is full of crazies for sure. Its too bad because I've met a lot of very cool people through the running forums. BTW- Why does everyone think of Scrape as a spy? He's a nice guy who keeps a low profile no? I actually like his incognito status. He did post a picture once with a red purse. LOL.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh,  one of the reasons I don't even go back to RW. It was getting frustrating to comment about something and get attacked, this place is much more mellow even with a lot of the same people and I like it here. Don't worry about those threats, unless you are like an assassin or something, there isn't really anything to expose.... BUUUUT please do expose your abs, that will make it ALLL BETTER. Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Eh,  one of the reasons I don't even go back to RW. It was getting frustrating to comment about something and get attacked, this place is much more mellow even with a lot of the same people and I like it here.

That's because there is not that much new blood in this group.  If there were new posters turning up every day here like there is/was over there... the same sharks would be circling. Bank it.

Village people

He did post a picture once with a red purse. LOL.

Are you sure it wasn't a black purse?

Zelanie

I do my best to stay out of most of the drama, although I read much more than I post, so I may be way off base here.

But IIRC, you arrived around the same time that we had a ton of people making dummy accounts, the ban hammer was in full swing, and almost every new poster that showed up was actually secretly or not so secretly somebody else.

At the time, I assumed you were a former regular, although I was never sure exactly which one, just because of the way that you jumped right in when you showed up and seemed to know everybody.  Over time, since you don't seem to have changed identities or your story, I kind of figured that you were maybe just a new poster who had lurked long enough that you knew people right from the start.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's because there is not that much new blood in this group.  If there were new posters turning up every day here like there is/was over there... the same sharks would be circling. Bank it.

True

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

runmomto3boys

That's really, really crummy that you are being threatened via PM.  Some people suck. I believe your story 100%.

Docket_Rocket

True.  Although nobody deserves to be attacked via PM or otherwise.

I do my best to stay out of most of the drama, although I read much more than I post, so I may be way off base here.

But IIRC, you arrived around the same time that we had a ton of people making dummy accounts, the ban hammer was in full swing, and almost every new poster that showed up was actually secretly or not so secretly somebody else.

At the time, I assumed you were a former regular, although I was never sure exactly which one, just because of the way that you jumped right in when you showed up and seemed to know everybody.  Over time, since you don't seem to have changed identities or your story, I kind of figured that you were maybe just a new poster who had lurked long enough that you knew people right from the start.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

About 5 years ago I ventured over into L&O. At some point I got ranked on for something, and responded in kind. A bunch of folks then stuck up for this other person and I was trashed on occasion after. R&R was another matter entirely. I thought that it was kind of funny though, but no one ever hassled me there or the other sites via PMs. Nothing is worth getting that upset about there or here for that matter.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

It sucks that someone would be that douche-y, threatening to "expose" someone to a chatboard???

I guess the internet is full of all kinds of crazies...

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

The interwebz is serious bidness.

You people have issues 

Better I Leave

**Dave offers his friend to go all "Guido" on the perpetrators**

I got your back buddy. Smile

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

+1 good grief.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Chairman

Shiiiit man. With the difficulty some people have functioning on an online message board, I have to wonder how a few of the people here manage to function out in the wild.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I was fairly new when that thread was posted.  It took a hell of turn, but at least you weren't debating whether you wanted to start running because you were afraid your boobs might disappear.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013