Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES? (Read 32 times)

StepbyStep-SH

C'mon, guys! I actually stop by to check in and no one has started the dailies yet?

Get cracking!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

DS & I are leaving shortly to pick up a friend and her two boys to go do a 2.3-mile cross-country/trail race. It could be a lot of fun, but with 40* and winds gusting to 30 mph, it could also be miserable. Wish us luck!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Morning Step! Thanks for starting the dailies! Good luck at the race and hope you and Kev have fun! Dress warmly!

6 or 7 easy this morning, after breakfast.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

C'mon, guys! I actually stop by to check in and no one has started the dailies yet?

Get cracking!

We have been waiting on you babe. 

LRB

'Sup!

Not sure if I am running today yet or not. 

I am sitting here drinking coffee after a night of being a fat pig.  I ate about 4 chocolate graham crackers (full sheets) and half a box of cheez-its last night.  Not to mention I drank 4 yummy beers, oops!

Not training for anything is the life yo!  We earn this time and we should enjoy it and I am doing exactly that.  lol

But I probably should run you know, for muscle memory and all that crap.  Yeah, maybe I will.  Something short maybe...

...like 400 meters.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have the Wine & Dine HM with hubby late tonight.  I am already tired thinking about running for 3 hours starting at 10pm.  We leave for Orlando soon.  Love it that Orlando has 15F cooler than Miami. 

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Now I'm Stalking an  undertrained friend on her marathon. She went out at her 5 k pace. Oops. She has slowed drastically at 10 miles she will finish unless she gets hurt. I do not think this will go well. She has slowed 20 min off finish from how she went out so, yep blowing up like I said would happen. Why do people not respect the distance?  Her longest run EVER was 18 miles. Weekly miles no more than 20 to 22. So um, yep.

Marjorie

happylily

10.1. Now I'm Stalking an  undertrained friend on her marathon. She went out at her 5 k pace. Oops. She has slowed drastically at 10 miles she will finish unless she gets hurt. I do not think this will go well. She has slowed 20 min off finish from how she went out so, yep blowing up like I said would happen. Why do people not respect the distance?  Her longest run EVER was 18 miles. Weekly miles no more than 20 to 22. So um, yep.

Is her name Julie, by any chance?  22 mpw is definitely not enough training miles for a marathon. She will learn that the hard way...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

6 done in the cold wind and rain.  It was the first opportunity to wear my rain jacket and pants and they worked out like a charm!

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Instead of a run around campus last night, I took the dogs on a moonlight run through the park instead.  It was Zoe's first run since her back surgery almost 8 months ago, and she did great.  Even a couple of months ago, we were seeing a bit of stiffness after long, hard walks (play sessions), so I didn't think I'd run with her again.  But we haven't seen any stiffness at all from her in a while, so it was time to give it a try.  She and Mia did great!  We did their usual walk route at a run, so 4 miles, nice and easy, most of it off leash so that they could play.  They did super the whole time, didn't need and breaks, and best of all Zoe wasn't still at all last night or this morning. Smile

RD for me today.  We are going to Ikea.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Change of plans. We cannot get to Orlando due to work. I will register us for a HM tomorrow morning (local) instead.

Damaris

LRB

Change of plans. We cannot get to Orlando due to work. I will register us for a HM tomorrow morning (local) instead.

Thank goodness!  Who in the hell wants to run in the middle of the night...again.

LRB

We are going to Ikea.

They let dogs into Ikea?  Kewl. 

Enjoy your run lily.  I know it is a little short for you but you will be back up to 20 mile runs in no time...like by morning.  lol

Hopefully your friend finishes at all Marj.  Try not to be too hard on her, although I know you will not.

Good luck today Step!  I ran in similar conditions and it was not too bad.  Have you decided on a spring event yet?

Cyberic

Morning all!

Ran during DD's soccer practice this morning, an easy 10. This afternoon is... DS's soccer practice. How exciting! Might go shopping, or... I don't know yet.

Which brings a question I've been asking myself lately:

I usually run between 35-50 miles per week. I'd like to up my weekly mileage a bit. I know we're supposed to increase our mileage spread pretty evenly across the week days, that is why it is not recommended to have your long run too long compared to your weekly mileage. But on Saturdays I would have an opportunity to run a lot. It wouldn't make sense to run, say, 9 miles in the morning, and 14 in the afternoon, and then maybe 10-12 miles on Sunday, but keeping the rest of the week days at about 5 miles per day, would it? Does a plan like that have *injury* written all over it? Or is it just ineffective?

B-Plus

Cy - Go for another 10!

SRD for me.