Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: All The Better To Eat You With My Dear (Read 65 times)

Pinktastic

I snuck push-ups and ab work into my break. Back to work for me nowSmile

Way to multi-task, Basya!   Enjoy your cardio tonight!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

CrisRuns

A link for the coffee addicts Big grin

CrisRuns

Scotty, best of luck to your niece.

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty – Prayers for your niece and for her family.

I only had time for 6 miles this morning, but included 9x45 secs at 5k pace (8.2 mph/7:19 pace). I'll add a bit to some easy runs later in the week to make up for the missed distance. Strength training class was tough today - she kept us moving the whole time, and now I feel a little like jello all over. Good stuff! And just the perfect excuse to follow up class with coffee and lunch with a friend.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Basya, threshold or tempo runs can last anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes, at a pace you can hold for about an hour before you reach lactate threshold.  It is generally slower than 10k pace, although for some people it is there 10k pace. “Lactate threshold”, is the point at which your muscles start fatiguing at a rapid rate.  Daniels refers to the pace as comfortably hard.

Cris that is hilarious!

Mostly harmless

Scotty - Sending prayers for your niece.  28 is way too young to have to go through this.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

I am SUPER excited!  I was looking on Google Maps to see if I could find a new place to run and I noticed what looked like a trail a couple miles up the road from my office.  Today I decided to have a look and I ran up there on my lunch break.  I expected to find a soggy hiking trail but instead I found a PAVED hiker/biker trail.  I ran down the trail for a couple miles and couldn't see any end in sight so I stopped a lady that was walking the other way and asked her how far the trail went from where we stood.  She said about 7 miles!  I'm SO psyched to have found a place this close to my office where I can run without fear of getting hit by a car or having to suck fumes while traffic roars by!

On top of all that, it was in the upper 50's and sunny by the time I went out.  Shorts and a tech shirt at the end of January!  Today is a good day.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Always nice to have trails like that!    San Antonio has been for years steadily extending what it calls its "greenway' trails, and now we have miles and miles of trails all over the place, very nice!

I am SUPER excited!  I was looking on Google Maps to see if I could find a new place to run and I noticed what looked like a trail a couple miles up the road from my office.  Today I decided to have a look and I ran up there on my lunch break.  I expected to find a soggy hiking trail but instead I found a PAVED hiker/biker trail.  I ran down the trail for a couple miles and couldn't see any end in sight so I stopped a lady that was walking the other way and asked her how far the trail went from where we stood.  She said about 7 miles!  I'm SO psyched to have found a place this close to my office where I can run without fear of getting hit by a car or having to suck fumes while traffic roars by!

On top of all that, it was in the upper 50's and sunny by the time I went out.  Shorts and a tech shirt at the end of January!  Today is a good day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

10k at lunchtime. 41 degrees & very foggy at the outset, but no rain. I have a 2 mile loop around the office involving some road & some sidewalk. The road was fine although wet; the problem was when I got to the sidewalk portion, which had never been cleared of snow & was 2 inches of slush. Yuck. It is next to a semi-busy 2-lane road with no shoulder, so kind of had to stick with it. Then got to the portion of the sidewalk on an overpass. You know the signs that say "bridges freeze before roads"? It was solid ice, we're talking skating rink. Anyway after I got through the first loop, did a reroute to stay on roads. Oh and then the skies opened up on me about mile 4.

Got the miles in, that's the main thing! And still beats the hell out of the treadmill!

Oh and for you science geeks out there, here's my post-run coffee cup. (Photo is distorted for some reason, but you get the idea).

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wasted no time in clicking that link. I am excited for tonight's run, 65 degrees and calm. I went back home at lunch and grabbed my shorts, one more hour until my run!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Nevrgivup

Getting ready to go swimming tonight. After several attempts at taking my exam today on the computer, I passed. That is all that mattered for this NP student. I need more than a swim lesson, I need some wine tonight. Smile I had a lovely small chat with Heidi today too, which totally made my day.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Just B.S.

6 wonderful miles in warmer weather than I have had for weeks!!!

37F and sunny. What a great day!

I hereby declare Bruce and Pinktastic the King and Queen of personals!!

Chairman

Two McRibs.

I walked into McD's expecting to grab a Mushroom and Swiss, but was surprised to see they were still selling McRibs. It's 4 hours later, and I am thinking I should have gone with the Mushroom and Swiss this time.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

BruceD555

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Scrape, I lol'd when you word(ed) yourself in the train wreck thread.  That was funnier than shit.