Beginners and Beyond

Tromping Through Thursday Penguins (Read 42 times)

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." Wink It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Good morning Penguins!!!!

I ended up not running yesterday afternoon and decided to give my legs a rest. I have an Insanity workout planned for the morning and then a PT session planned for the afternoon. Trying to keep fit up here. Hoping to meet up with some running people here soon too. I don't know how they do it around here ... running through the snow and ice. They are brave up here ... not going to lie.

I hope everyone has a kick butt day! The weekend is almost here!

Better I Leave

I've been running for the past few days so for "tomorrow"...I'm gonna do 2 miles...really, really fast...just because. and I'm gonna lift heavy and hard.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Rach - good morning!

PineGrove - have a great 2 miles

AFM - work up 0330, can't fall back to sleep.  So, I'm dressed and headed down to the dreadmill.  Might as well not waste the time.  Catcha in a few.

hog4life

Good morning Rach, Dave, and Vance.

I've got 8 on tap with 6 at HM pace of 8:40ish.

Bin Running

Morning, Rach, Dave, Vance and Mitch..

8M with 8 x 100 for today... In fact, I am getting ready to head out now.. See ya..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Rach, Dave, Vance, Mitch, and Bin.

I looked at my Higdon program and thought about modifying it by runnining every other day instead of just 3 days a week. What to you think?

Looking to do legs and abs at the gym, run 1 1/2 miles , do the bike trainer , and core work.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Good morning Mitch & Bin - have a great work out!

AFM - 6 mile on the dreadmill.  Now off to hit the shower then out the door to work.  I was laughing at myself as I was finishing up.  My run was ending within 1 min of when my alarm normally goes off to get up for work.  No more excuses of not knowing what time I need to get up and go for a run before work, yeah?!

Shakedown Street

6-8 on the treadmill-after my 3yo has tonsils removed, no work today

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Thursday Rach, Dave, Vance, Mitxh, Bin, Gustav and jn.  Probably heading back to the track today with DW.

From the Internet.

Morning colony! Another busy day - thinking about taking a class this semester, first meeting is today. PT at 10. The part of my shin that was sore last night turned out to be a bruise from knocking my leg with the barbell during deadlifts - oops! Maybe my leg is okay after all.

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone.

Somewhere between 5 - 7 miles on tap for tonight.  I think I will try to brave the cold again.

Remember the kitchen mini-makeover I mentioned?  We decided it makes sense to replace the window now, before we put new tile on the backsplash.  It's the only window in the house that is still the original builder's grade junk...the contractor comes today to give us an estimate.  All of this started because we bought a new sofa.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home which means I just woke up.  Slept 7 hours last night, so why am I exhausted.  I usually sleep 5 so maybe I slept too much?  Ha.  Run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

I was hoping to get my first snow run today, but no snow Sad  7 miles done, knocked off a mile early, we'll call it my taper for my 15k on Saturday. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Rach, hope you find some new running friends..
                                PGDave, good luck with the really really fast 2M
                                Vance, If I woke up at 330.. the last time I wanna do is run.. haa..
                                Mitch, Good luck with than 8M w/ 6 @ HMP... I know these workout are brutal!
                                Gustav, If you can hold it.. Increase slowly as you are just back..
                                Jneilt, Hope your kid recover soon..
                                Jerry, Enjoy the run with DW..
                                Lauren, hope it's just a bruise..
                                Margo, it's strange how sometimes one thing lead to another.. Hope you like the makeover..
                                Damaris, Have some coffee..
                                Dave, Good luck with that 15K.. Any goal?

8M w/ 8x100 done at indoor track.. Feeling good..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar