Beginners and Beyond

It's a Dirty Job, but TUESDAILIES Are Going to Do It (Read 50 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone.

I just looked at the Daniels VDOT calculation table. According to my race time the other day, my VDOT is somewhere between 37 and 38. The easy paces, 10:49 and 10:35, respectively, seem too easy.

I dropped and did thirty-five push-ups. The forecast says that there's a sixty-percent chance of rain during the time I'd have run outside. I'll leave for the gym in about half an hour, to serve some time on the TM. My feet haven't been on one in a while.

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, Basya! Hope you are feeling better today.

I'm up early to attempt 9 miles or so, but at an easy pace, without the ladder intervals the schedule has listed. I will stop if the hamstring is sore after 2 miles. I usually do a strength training class today, too, but will see how the hamstring is. Even if it feels completely fine, I'll cut back on how much weight I use just to be safe.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp girls!

A speed work session is imminent.

Today will be my first run in about 11 days with all the hectic morning school traffic, most of whom are cool but there are a few yay holes in the bunch....aren't there always.

B, there is another table for easy paces on page 219 (in the back of the 5k training chapter) that's based on race times not vdot.  Not sure if yours is listed but for me, it's a different pace than the vdot table.

flarunner

Mornin' Folks!

Did 6 miles of shake your rump to the funk fartlek this morning. Man, that just kicks my butt (hence the shaking Wink).

Have a great day, all!

Morning all.

Plan a lunchtime run today, hoping to hold off the rain.

Dealing with a little post-NCAA-championship bleariness, not so much from the outcome (sorry LRB) but from staying up till midnight to watch the end. Now that's over I can devote my full attention to baseball. And the Masters. And the NFL draft, NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs. Oh, and running. Family - what?

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with no rib pain, yay.  7 miles with strides and weights after work.  Big court hearing today.

Basya, easy pace is supposed to feel too easy.  I never run faster than 1-1.5mm slower than race pace (for the marathon).  My VDOT is also 37 (from my 5K and 10K).  Trust the pace!

Shari, enjoy the nice 9.

LRB, if I remember, the page 219 is for races and intervals, not for your easy pace.  Enjoy the run with all the hecticness around it.

fla, nice farts.

Dave, enjoy the lunch run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

What do you say there, TUESDAY!  I did an hour on the elliptical after work yesterday (yay).  Today is looking like a bike ride of a yet-to-be-determined distance.  It's going to be in the 70's today.  'Bout time.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I slept like a rock last night. I got home from work at 9:30, changed, got ready for bed, and was asleep sometime not long after 10:30. And when my alarm went off for my run, I just kept on sleeping. If my neighbors weren't just having the world's loudest *ahem*.... well I may have overslept work. So, in an awkward way I guess thanks to them for having themselves such a loud and enjoyable morning....???

So I guess I needed the sleep.... no time to run now Sad

I've been better lately about occasionally finding the energy to work out after work. I will plan for the gym later. Man I hate the TM! I may consider a night run.... it's going to be so warm. The only thing is I need to run on busy sidewalks to feel safe and that gets annoying. We will see...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Gooooood morning!

I am going to run a couple easy miles at lunch. It's going to be super-warm (the high for today is 78) but because I'm so lucky to have my gym just a mile from my office, I'll be able to run outside. Wahoo!

Ball of Fury

Got up at 3:45 this morning and had a really good strength workout at the track!  I did 3 x 2 miles @ 7:48, 7:49, and 7:48 with 800 recoveries.  Had to cut my last recovery very short because I ran out of time but I was pleased with the workout.  It felt pretty tough, and my legs were really tired, but I pushed through and was happy that my intervals were all within 2 seconds of one another.  I did have to stop on the last interval to stretch my LEFT ITB, which isn't the one I have had trouble with, so not too happy about that.  I guess I will have them do Graston on both sides next time I go to PT!  I couldn't believe I ran in a tank top and shorts that early in the morning and I was actually hot!  Spring is here!

Docket:  Yay for no rib pain!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

StepbyStep-SH

I cut the run short at just over 4 miles. The hamstring was a bit better, but still sore, but the main reason I stopped was because it was causing tightness through the top of that hip into my lower back. I had problems with that area for a few days last fall, too. I will skip strength training today and just try to find times throughout the day to stretch it as best I can. I have a massage scheduled for Friday, which can't come soon enough.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Today will be my first run in about 11 days with all the hectic morning school traffic, most of whom are cool but there are 19 million ass holes in the bunch....aren't there always. 

Fixed my post.  That is all.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, they were all driving to Ft. Lauderdale before going there to bother you.

Fixed my post.  That is all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Feel better.

I cut the run short at just over 4 miles. The hamstring was a bit better, but still sore, but the main reason I stopped was because it was causing tightness through the top of that hip into my lower back. I had problems with that area for a few days last fall, too. I will skip strength training today and just try to find times throughout the day to stretch it as best I can. I have a massage scheduled for Friday, which can't come soon enough.

Damaris

Fundraising Page