Beginners and Beyond

Woke up thinking it's Thursday Wednesdailies (Read 39 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.  (No, it's not Thursday.)

Meh. I survived my HM this past Sunday with both lungs intact. Today will bee my third consecutive URD. I'm not running more than .2 miles without stopping to cough and expel things of color that shouldn't occur naturally.

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Hope you feel better soon! When stuff turns neon green, I see the doctor, because that usually means I need a round of Zithromax to get rid of it.
        Oski - I have done that before. Wishful thinking!

That oatmeal we talked about yesterday? It is just about ready to come out of the oven. Should be a great way to fuel today's 6 easy miles.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hellooooooo WEDNESDAY!  I am wearing my new camel fur sportcoat today since the temperature in my office seems to top out at 40 degrees.  Dare I say this jacket is too damn warm.  How the hell do camels survive in the desert with these jackets on?

Worked a little late last night, pushing my planned run time past sunset.  Since I did not bring my lights with me, I treadmilled at the gym instead, which is kind of a bummer on a perfect fall evening.  I could have just ran from my house, but that means a hilly route and I wanted something easy.  At least the Red Sox game was on the treadmill TV, making my nine miles just fly by.  9 mile progression run at 7:51 avg pace.  Medium effort.  A good run as treadmill runs go.

Bruised another toenail in my HM Saturday, so it's going to fall off now eventually.  *sigh*

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Oh Basya, that sucks. Feel better!

Rest day for me, heading up to NYC for the day. I want to get some ribbons for headbands, and while I am in the garment district I may pick up some tech fabric. If I can find something cool I can make arm warmers and maybe I will get the cojones to make a skirt.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry Basya Sad

Taking another URD. Monday I got some antibiotics from one of those doc in a box places by my bf's house for what has turned into a sinus infection. Antibiotics don't agree with my GI system so I've been nauseous and had other unplesant GI symptoms as well not condusive to running.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Meh. I survived my HM this past Sunday with both lungs intact. Today will bee my third consecutive URD. I'm not running more than .2 miles without stopping to cough and expel things of color that shouldn't occur naturally.

Ewwwww.  Hope you feel better soon!

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Had an absolutely fantastic run this morning!

Leave for San Diego tomorrow for two weeks for work, should be fun, already scouting out some running routes. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Started raining last night, wind blowing pretty good, and still continuing through today.  I got up early and took the back roads to work to avoid all the crazy rainy weather drivers we seem to get here in San Antonio when it rains.  Took a little longer, but a lot safer, and it was a nice, quiet commute.   Temps here now are in the low 60s  and that is about as good as it will get today.  Rain is supposed to clear out this afternoon a bit. I don't usually run on Wednesdays but I am going to  do a short run today and enjoy this cooler weather.   Maybe even splash through some puddles!  I don't wanna grow up.....  Big grin

Today's holidays:

Boss' Day - If you have a good boss, do something nice for him/her today.   If you have a bad boss...well....sorry!

World Food Day  - Global movement to end world hunger.

Dictionary Day - In recognition of Noah Webster, born on October 16, 1758.

Department Store Day -  Love to shop?  Today is your day!  In recognition of today, lots of stores will be having sales. The first department store in the US, by the way, was the Marble Dry-Goods Palace in New York City, established in 1845.  It took up one whole block.

National Feral Cat Day - in recognition of abandoned kitties and the importance of spaying/neutering your kitties. Gail and I have a feral cat program in our county.  We have an industrial park nearby to our neighborhood and unfortunately, uncaring, irresponsible folks go in there a lot to dump their unwanted pets.   At one time several years ago we had about 80 feral cats wandering around our subdivision.  We worked with the county folks and our neighbors on our street and rounded up nearly all of them with humane traps and got them all spayed and neutered.  They are then released back into our neighborhood with an ear tag to show they have been spayed/neutered and are now "protected" cats by the county.  The reason they are released back into the neighborhood is because they are very territorial and keep other cats out, so we won't be right back where we started, with new cats coming in.   So, with the county's help, a bunch of our street residents help feed them all to keep them around and then they just die off over the years from natural causes.  We have gone from 80 cats in our immediate area down to about 20 or so in the last 15 years.

dog, workplace, dental, coverage, bone, excitement, job, manager,

KEYWORD1  2012-03-12  gumby  character  characters  head  heads  slant  slants  slanted

construction, roof, dance, contractor, music, raise, manager,

bad boss cartoons, bad boss cartoon, bad boss picture, bad boss pictures, bad boss image, bad boss images, bad boss illustration, bad boss illustrations

bad boss cartoons, bad boss cartoon, bad boss picture, bad boss pictures, bad boss image, bad boss images, bad boss illustration, bad boss illustrations

hungry cartoons, hungry cartoon, hungry picture, hungry pictures, hungry image, hungry images, hungry illustration, hungry illustrations

alligator, reindeer, carnivore, Christmas list,

dictionary cartoons, dictionary cartoon, dictionary picture, dictionary pictures, dictionary image, dictionary images, dictionary illustration, dictionary illustrations

KEYWORD1  2011-09-29  cat  cats  feline  felines  pet  pets  animal  animals

KEYWORD1  2011-01-11  spongebob  spongebob squarepants  parody  parodies  purchase  purchasing  purc

KEYWORD1  2010-12-22  christmas  holiday  holidays  santa  santa claus  claus  kris kringle  st. nic

department store cartoons, department store cartoon, department store picture, department store pictures, department store image, department store images, department store illustration, department store illustrations

department store cartoons, department store cartoon, department store picture, department store pictures, department store image, department store images, department store illustration, department store illustrations

feral cat cartoons, feral cat cartoon, feral cat picture, feral cat pictures, feral cat image, feral cat images, feral cat illustration, feral cat illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

So I started this thread and then work exploded and now here I am posting in my own dailies an hour later!

Speaking of bruised toenails, when do these fuckers finally fall off?  My big toenail has been hanging on now for a few weeks and I'm tired of it.    GO AWAY BAD TOENAIL.  No one likes you.

I am having an issue finding roads that are not cambered around my house.  I tried a new route and ended up on a street so slopey, I felt like I was running sideways.    My knee hurts this morning, I'm sure because of that.     So I'm going to try for 4 on the treadmill today, let's see if I can mentally cope.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting things off, Oski.  Sorry about your toenail, work exploding, the cambered roads....you're having a helluva day already!  Joking   As for the cambered roads...no parks in your area you can drive to for a run?  I guess I am lucky to be in San Antonio, there are SO many parks right in my proximity that have all types of terrain to choose from, so I can get in a workout of my choice for the day....hills or flat or mix of both, and a choice of paved or off-road surfaces.

Ugg, Basya, that sounds very yucky.  Hope you feel better.   And what Step said.

Good luck with your 6 miles, Step!  I've been meaning to experiment with oatmeal pre-run, see if it works for me.  Oatmeal is pretty 'heavy' though, right?  How long before the start of a run or race would you suggest to eat it?

I can relate to the temperature drop, Baboon.   Nearly 80 degrees yesterday; today here, rainy and colder, out high only in the upper 50s, lower 60s.   I keep a few sweaters at my office just in case.  Sorry you had to do the dread-mill but sounds like you coped well. Did Boston win last night?  I like baseball, but I just cannot watch it on TV, bores the heck outta me.  I have to be at a game in person to enjoy it.  Sorry about the toenail.  You know, in 30 years of running, I have never lost a toenail.  Don't know why...maybe I just have weird toes, or durable ones, lol.

Happy shopping, Lilac!  Since today is Department Store Day, see if any of the places you shop are giving discounts.

Sorry you are not feeling well, Kristin!  Doc in a Box?  That sounds safe.... Roll eyes

Happy trip to San Diego, Dave!  Lovely place.  Visited some friends there, and loved running along the boardwalk/harbor area, very scenic.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

So I started this thread and then work exploded and now here I am posting in my own dailies an hour later!

Hilarious!

Wassup peeps!  Nothing new for me except all I can do is think about running.  Such a shallow life I lead.

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty - If I have oatmeal prerun, especially this baked oatmeal which is a little heavier than most, I try to finish up at least an hour before I leave. What I really love it for is my breakfast the day BEFORE a big race. Pop it into the oven while I do my little 3-mile shakeout run, come back, stretch, and it's ready for carbo-loading!

It's also great after one of my cold morning runs - though for you, maybe a cold "overnight oatmeal" would be better in San Antonio's weather.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Pinktastic

Good Morning Friends!!

We’ve had an overcast, grey, misty, crappy few days here, but I still saw some people out running this morning.  Despite the weather, I was still envious of them for being able to get out and run.   Sigh….

Oski – Thanks for starting us off this morning.    I had the exact same thought this morning, and I almost turned off my alarm thinking that I could sleep for an extra hour since today was Thursday.   Fortunately, I realized my mistake before I fell back asleep.   Sorry work exploded for you already.   Hope the day gets better!

Basya – That’s terrible!   Have you been to the doctor?   It seems like you’ve been sick for a while so if you haven’t been, perhaps you should.    Take good care of yourself!   I hope you feel significantly better very soon!   Hugs to you!

Shari – Too bad the computer isn’t “scratch and sniff” so that we could all smell that oatmeal.   Enjoy your 6 miles later today!

Phil – I wish our office topped out at 40 degrees.   It’s in the low 50s outside but about 80 in the building so I have a fan running at my desk.  :-(    Your Sox seem to be playing well this year.   Hope that continues for you!  What kind of workout do you have planned for today?

Jess – Enjoy the time in NYC!   I hope you’ll post pics of whatever you create with your fabrics.

Kristin – Sorry that you’re sick.   I hate it when the meds for one problem seem to cause a host of other unpleasant issues.    Take good care of yourself!

Dave – My DH and I vacationed in San Diego last year around this time.    It was Pinklightful running weather.   I ran along the harbor area and it was gorgeous.   Oh, and Balboa park is lovely and it’s HUGE!   Hope you find a great place to get your runs in!   Enjoy your time in SD!

Scotty – Thanks for the laughs!   I do have a great boss and we’ve been planning something for her since last week.    J   Stay safe in the rain!   I still like to stomp in puddles too.     :-)

LRB – I’m in the same boat regarding constantly thinking about running.   Hopefully you’re closer to taking that first running stop than I am!   Have a Pinktacular day!!

I’m still waiting for my doctor’s colleague to set up a time to meet with me.   I find it very frustrating to wait around and patience isn’t my strong suit.    I understand that the colleague is going to work me in and I really do appreciate that he’s doing me a favor, but the not having a date / time to take the next step toward resolving this issue is driving me CRAZY!!   Okay.   Rant over and I feel better for getting that out.   Thanks for listening!

Have a Pinksational day!   And, may your next run motivate you to tackle new challenges in running and in the rest of your life!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy hump day dailies!

Yesterday was a looooong day at work, so I'm taking my time this morning. My plan is for 5 today which will likely be on the treadmill since some heavy rain will be moving in.

Oski - thanks for getting us started and I hope you find some flatter running routes.

Basya - I hope you feel better soon!

Step - Enjoy that oatmeal and the 6!

Baboon - My office can double as a refrigerator. I don't even bother putting my lunch pack in the fridge. I'm going to have to bring a space heater.

Lilac - have fun in NYC

Kristin - Get well soon! It sucks when the cure is as bad as the original illness.

D2 - Have a safe trip and enjoy San Diego!

Scotty - Enjoy the cooler weather and your puddles!

LRB - Hope your day passes quick while you daydream of running. It sure helps me get through all my damn meetings.

Pink - I hope the Dr can work you in soon! I've been thinking of you often!