Beginners and Beyond

how does your pet roll? (Read 35 times)

... a 20-sided die, that is.  Somehow a conversation ensued about what Si rolled for DnD attributes (probably alcohol had something to do with it) and this wasn't even with guys, lol.

Curiosity - 20

He goes in closets when I open them, just to see what's in there.  Follows me everywhere to see what I'm doing.  Must investigate every new thing in the house immediately.

Agility - 8

For a cat, Si is a huge klutz.  I have seen him slam head first into walls and fall off of things that he wanted to jump onto.

Courage - 4

Fraidy cat for sure.  I spooked him coming down the stairs above the garage; he shot 3 feet in the air and had a poofy tail for a half-hour.  He also vanishes any time the coyotes can be heard.

Speed - 16

I can't catch him if he's on the run, which is often.

Friendliness - 15

He likes people and is not aloof around strangers.

Loyalty - 18

Given a choice, he always comes to me and curls up by my legs every night.

Hunting prowess - 9

He will catch moths in the summer if they fly too low, and brought a live garter snake into the house.  I have yet to see any rodent kills.

Cleanliness - 18

Si is meticulous about using his litter box and has never had an accident.  He spends a lot of time grooming.

Intelligence - 15

His dry food has to be kept in a rubbermaid container high in a cupboard.  He also will steal my breakfast waffles while I'm in the shower and can't reprimand him.

Docket_Rocket

I cannot analyze them all but I can name the most and least one on each category.

Curiosity

Sammy is the curious one so I give her a 20.  She also empties my drawers to go inside if I leave them even a tad open.  She tries to escape the house curious as to what is outside.  Trixie, on the contrary, can see the door open and never venture outside.  She has a 2.

Agility

Trixie deserves the highest total here.  For a fatty, she is pretty agile.  She jumps high and runs like the devil is chasing her.  Rubio, on the other hand, has a limp leg from his time as a stray and won't jump unless helped.  Hershey the other day did a "Run, you Fools" like Gandalf and fell off the table for trying to be agile.

Courage

Most courageous cat here is Hershey.  He would attack anything and anyone.  Least courageous is Rubio, which is funny because I used to hear her at all times meowing and fighting all over the neighborhood and here he is a scaredy cat.  Trixie is also easy to scare.  One time, my husband's flip flop fell from his feet and the next thing we heard was Trixie's head hitting the inside of the dining table she jumped so high.

Speed

All of my flipping cats are hard to catch.  Damn Kenyans.

Friendliness

Black cats are the best.  Trixie wants love 24/7.  Hershey cries if not rubbed every 10 minutes.  Sammy, on the other hand, cannot wait until she leaves this house forever and hides from being petted.  Daisy yells when petted and pretends she hates it but we know better.

Loyalty

Hershey and Trixie are the most loyal.  They can go from NO! to jumped on your lap in 2 seconds even though you were angry at them.

Hunting prowess

Obviously, the girls are the best.  Trixie and Sammy have killed many little lizards and cockroaches around, while Hershey watches like an idiot.  One time, Hershey hunted a filet mignon from the kitchen counter or at least I caught him trying to carry it upstairs but I suspect the girls had something to do with it.

Cleanliness

All of my cats are particular about their cleanliness.  Rubio bathed himself for 7 days after coming inside and cleaned 2 years of grime from him.

Intelligence

Trixie understand what I asked of her.  One time I asked her where was daddy and she went to the door of the bathroom and sat there looking in.  Next thing I heard was "traitor!"  Hershey, for obvious reasons, has no intelligence whatsoever unless it's to steal a filet mignon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

My dog Busta hates rain, hates snow, hates the sun.  Shit, he hates being outside regardless of the weather!  If it were up to him, he would slide into my pant leg and hang there all day every day!  The fucker is constantly under me lol!

For as wimpy he is that way though, anyone who sees him pisses their pants, and with good reason; dude is a fuckin' beast!

Hip Redux

My dogs are dumb but fast.  Love people but will kill rabbits.   What does that mean in DnD terms? lol