Beginners and Beyond

DNF'd My Turkey Trot 10K (Shortest RR You've Ever Read From Me) (Read 413 times)

Docket_Rocket

Today, I had the 10K Miami Turkey Trot.  I was ready to tackle my almost two year old PR and smash it to the ground.  Unfortunately, I've been dealing with nausea all week (no, I'm not pregnant), but I still thought I could pull off a good effort today.

Bah, by Mile 1.2 I wanted to throw up so badly, I quit by 1.50.  I slowed down the pace to a tempo pace until we passed close to my car (I'm glad my decision was not after Mile 3 where we go outside the park and far away from my car).  So, I stopped, took my bib off and walked into the car and left.  Best decision I've made.

I better not be nauseous next week for my marathon. Tight lips

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Congrats on knowing when to quit. That is a good thing.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

DNFs arent the end of the world. Hope you feel better soon.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Sounds like a good decision. Sorry you're feeling poorly.

~Andrea

not lazy, just tired

Good decision to quit when you were close to your car. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Not if it makes sense.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sometimes DNFs are just the right thing to do, Damaris.  I hope you feel better soon! 

Running is dumb.

Love the Half

I have never bought into the "you're so courageous" argument for folks who barely limp through a race after injury or illness.  If you've been hurt of if you are sick, time to pack it in a come back another day.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

BruceD555

Bummer it didn't go a you had planned, but it sounds like a wise choice to call it a day. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Train smart ... race smarter.

BenTN

You've got to know when to fold 'um. Sorry it did not go as you hoped. Good call.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Okn I'm here too.  Spam over there is too much!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sorry you had such a hard time D!

Marjorie

xor

Sorry you've been sickly.  Next week will be better.  Even though it is rnr lv.

Misty

That sucks D Sad. I hope it gets all worked out before LV.

Misty

Bless your heart.

LRB

"So, I stopped, took my bib off and walked into the car and left."

It does not get any more matter of fact than that!

Next time D!

SheCan

Wow, that stinks.  At least you didn't vomit your guts out on the course.   I hope you're feeling better now, and was able to enjoy your Thanksgiving day meal.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson