Beginners and Beyond

Wake up Penguins, it's Saturday! (Read 26 times)

Mmmmm...beer

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone, wake up!  9am and no penguin thread?  Wow, everyone must have stayed up really late last night celebrating in true Boston style. Smile

URD yesterday, running a Boston memorial run today, 4.09 miles, 300+ people signed up for it.  I'll run some more miles after that.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

-Dave

My running blog

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Morning!!

It's freaking snowing here. WTF.

Enjoying my last Saturday before I start my big girl RN job on Monday!! :-)

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

OH...hey...what's going on?  I was just resting my eyes.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

LOL...YEAH...that's what my husband says when he starts to fall asleep on the couch about 9:00 at night!!! (he does wake up at 4:30 a.m) but it's so funny! I'm like "why dont' you just go to bed"...."I am just relaxing and resting my eyes".....Umm....okayy! whatever you say!

I AM SO ANNOYED THAT IT'S FREAKIN IT FEELS LIKE 28 OUTSIDE AND IT'S SNOWING??? IT WAS ALMOST 80 DEGREES TWO DAYS AGO!!!  I'm so annoyed that I am almost feel mad about it! LOL

OH...hey...what's going on?  I was just resting my eyes.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Yesterday became an URD due to sleeping beauty oversleeping.  So we just went to lunch instead.  Probably take a short run later if it warms up.  Funny how unmotivated we are after our recordbreaking debut HM's.

Bin Running

Morning guys.

LR of maybe 11M this morning. Need to go map my run to confirm later as didn't bring out the GPS. Feeling a little moody as car had a minor accident. Not injuries just some damage to car.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Morning!  Today I get to go for a test run of undetermined length.  Feeling good and hoping I can get back to regular running!

Good luck to Damaris, Mitch, and Scotty!

D2- Hope the memorial run goes well!

Tori- Enjoy the weekend!  And hopefully the last snow for months and months!

Awood- Morning!

Jerry- You need to sign up for a race stat!

Bin- I love how you are always trying new routes out!  Hope the car repairs turn out to be not too much of a hassle.

GinnyinPA

Bin - I'm glad you're okay, even if the car isn't.

Zelanie - hope the run goes well.

Jerry - yes, you earned some rest days.

Dave - have fun at the 4.09 miler.  Odd mileage.  Is it through a park or something?

Tori - Snow?  It's cool here (40s) but not snowing.  The sun is shining and it looks like spring, though it doesn't feel like it.

Rest day here, which is too bad as it is so pretty outside.  Heading out to walk the dog.  I'm definitely nervous about tomorrow.  Fortunately the race isn't until 1:00, so if I don't sleep well tonight, I can at least sleep late tomorrow - if my nerves let me.

Zelanie

Ginny- Good luck tomorrow!  My guess is that 4.09 was what the clock got to before they had to stop the race.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Yeah, we have a fresh coat of powder too.  WTF?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

hog4life

Just a quick post, I'll catch up later. Finished my 5k in 24:07, good for 1st in AG, and 13th of 133 OA. Mile splits were 7:28, 7:51, 7:57. That's not too bad, but I have realized if I want sub 23, I will have to put in some serious work to achieve that.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - You're a steel guy.  Serious work is in your blood.  I don't remember what your PR is, but 24:07 and 1st in your AG is pretty darn awesome.  Congratulations!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

19 miles earlier

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Mmmmm...beer

Ginny, it's 4.09 for the time that was on the finish clock when the attack started, and we're starting at 2:50, the time that the first bomb went off.  Just a thing some locals proposed on facebook, no fundraising or anything, just getting together to go run.  We're doing it on the boardwalk in Virginia Beach.  Should be interesting to see 300+ people just jogging without a race or anything going on.

Monday evening I'm doing another run with our LRS that is raising money for OneFundBoston.

-Dave

My running blog