Beginners and Beyond

What the...WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 57 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Buenos días, people.

Yesterday was rough. The caffeine-withdrawal headache felt worse than the worst migraine I'd ever had. As soon as the fast was over, I took two Advil (I never take NSAIDs, but I was desperate) and a S!Cap with water. After a bit, I felt OK enough to eat, so I had  few dill and sea salt Triscuits and some smoked salmon.

I feel a bit foggy this morning I wonder if I should have a coffee, or allow my body to become accustomed to no coffee, if I responded so poorly. What say yee?

An undetermined number of miles with the run club tonight. Then, weights, ab work and push-ups.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Buenos días, people.

I see what you did there!

Sorry about the withdrawal headache.  I've heard they can be brutal!!

Last night I did my 3rd Tri - or rather my 2nd Du because the swim was cancelled due to thunder and lightning so they just "added" a 1.2 mile run.  Great LOL

Well, I finished.  But Coolrunning doesn't think so - I'm missing completely.  But so is 1 other person that I know of so there must be others.  And hey, I have the Garmin data to prove I was there Smile  Guess that 910 was worth the purchase after all!

Going to stretch.  Happy Wednesday.

LRB

Supp!

Heading out for a quick run.  I'll holla back.....

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I still don't feel like 100% and last night's run was meh, so SRD or hubby run.  Since I am planning on getting my allergy shot and go to the chiro after work, I don't plan on doing weights today (a no-no on shots day).  So, better to rest unless hubby wants to run.

Basya, I've had those, not fun.  Hope you feel better today.

MBC, congrats on your third tri!  Hope you can sort out the results soon.

LRB, enjoy the quick run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy Humpday everyone!

I got my 7 miles in this morning, it was warm and muggy, and humid but the sun wasn't out yet so it didn't feel too awful.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Hellodilly diddily do!  Happy Wednesday!  Though I have meetings pretty much all day so it's not THAT happy a Wednesday.  Well yesterday was pretty eventful for a random Tuesday...

My final knee check up went well.  Doc says the knee is really strong and he told me to bike and run as much as I want.  I expected a minor scolding when I told him how much I've been doing, but he just said "Great!" and that he wished all patients were like me.  Ok then.  Big grin  I still can't trail run or mountain bike for 4-6 more weeks, during which time I'll be in their advanced physical therapy program.  I start that next week.  Lots of jumping, cutting, pivoting.  Bring it.

So I celebrated that by doing another bike/run workout.  I do don't 93 degrees well.  I was ok on the bike for the first 10 miles, but then the headwind and heat got the better of me.  I ended up doing 20 miles at 17.4 mph.  Then I jogged a 5K at 10:19 pace and I damn near melted to the road.  So, not a good workout as workouts go, but I'm happy to have completed it. 

Finally, I went with the wife to the aforementioned triathlon for my sherpa duties.  My takeaways from that are that my wife rocks, and that I need a new point and shoot digital camera.  I am taking suggestions!

So there you have my tl;dr life story on this here Wednesday.

<3

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!!

Where has the month of June gone?   It seems like it was still May just yesterday!

Basya – Thanks for starting us off!   Those caffeine withdrawal headaches are the worst!!   I love coffee so I’d say keep drinking it so you probably shouldn’t take my advice.    ;-)     Have a great run later!!

MBC!!!   So nice to see you checking in early!!   Congrats on your race yesterday!!   That’s odd that they haven’t accounted for everyone – hopefully they get that worked out.   Have a Pinkerrific day!!

LRB – Enjoy your run!!

Damaris – Good Morning!   Hope the allergy shot goes smoothly and the chiro gets you feeling great!!

FreeSoul – Way to get your run in early this morning!    Have a great day!!

Baboon – Congrats on the fabulous check up with the doctor!!   That’s Pinklightful news!!  That was a beast of a workout in this heat!   And, yes, your DW does totally ROCK!!!

I had my follow up with the doctor yesterday and she has released me from the walking cast.   Woo Hoo!!   I have to wear a smaller brace though, gradually increasing the time without it until I am able to go 4 pain-free hours in just a supportive tennis shoe.   When I get to that point, I should be able to completely ditch it unless I know I’ll be doing a lot of walking / standing.

If all goes well, I should be able to take a “brisk” 15 minute walk without the brace on Saturday (no running).   And, if that goes well, then Sunday I can do the “brisk” 15 minute walk again, adding a 5 minute slow run, and a 5 minute cool down walk.   Assuming no pain, on Monday I can walk for 15 minutes, run for 10 minutes, and then walk for 5 again.   After that, I can add time spent running every day, but not more than 10% per walk/run.   Of course, if pain starts to come back, I have to rest and then repeat from where I was before the pain started.   If no pain re-emerges, then in 3-4 weeks, I can start base building!!!    I might have to go shopping for new running gear to celebrate at that point!!

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run leave you feeling Pink-mazing for the rest of the week!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Hip Redux

Pink has returned!   This day is already better!

Now... where's Hobbitlegs been?

Anyway, trying out the first of my cross country series races tonight.    I have no real idea how cross country differs from trail running or if it does at all, but hey, I'll find out tonight!

Happy hump day, y'all!

Pinktastic

Pink has returned!   This day is already better!

Thanks, Oski!!    Good luck tonight with your race!!   I look forward to reading about your adventure!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Jess runs for bacon

Pink, congratulations, that's great news!!!!

Basya, depends on how much you like coffee.Personally I would be the weak willed one and go right back to it.

My chest is feeling much better today so I will be able to go to the group run at the LRS tonight. I'll probably spend some time walking on the TM as well. Later this week I'm going to start swimming (and I want to see to ight if the LRS has one of those aqua jogger belts). My parents finally opened the pool and considering how horridly hot it is here I can't wait to go in.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

8-10 for me after work. Pending thunderstorms (again), of course... I did bring my gym bag in case I had to treadmill it after work, but ugh. I could MAYBE do 8 on the 'mill. I did 7 once.

Phil, I'm still heartbroken about your lack of Garmin data on Facebook. Cry Seriously great news about the doctor visit though.

Sarah, yay! You're almost there! Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

There were threats of storms in the forecast, that was the whole reason I went ahead and got out the door at 4:30........... and yet no freaking storms, the sun is shining. Oh well, it felt better without the sun.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

It's friggin 90 degrees out and Dunkin Donuts' idea of an "iced tea" is luke warm tea with two ice cubes.   Seriously.     This is unacceptable!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

High temps all week in the high 90s with the heat index into the 100s and the dewpoints well into the 70s.  Fun.  Probably will be morning running for me from now on through the end of summer.  Still taking a couple rest days for now, though, after my bout in the ER on Monday.  Feeling much better, probably will try a short run tomorrow morning.  Tonite after work I am a volunteer for the packet pickup for a local 4th of July race.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt