Beginners and Beyond

Twinkle Toes Tuesday Penguins (Read 35 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I did not get to do my weight training yesterday.  Right before I got ready to leave work, I got a short-notice project from the University president that needed to be done ASAP.  So I did that and then just went on home.  Today's plan is to do my hill route around the university campus after work.   Temp at my run-time will be 84 degrees, with thunderstorms threatening, and a humidity of nearly 95%.  Can you say sweat sweat sweat!

Thanks for starting us off, Rach!  Congrats on that workout!  Glad the knee behaved!  I had a weird dream about you last night, lol. I was up there with you in Alaska and you were trying to teach me how to dog-sled, but I kept falling off the back of the sled, lol.

Hope you had a good rest, Jimmy, and that your miles went well.

Nice workout for you, Gustav, sounds like you are progressing nicely!

Wow, Awood, 160 miles for the month, congrats.  That's about 3 months of mileage for me, lol.

so I did 22 minutes on the elliptical, squats, a few hip exercises, planks, calf raises and stretched.  Dang, Kristin, I got tired just reading that!

Happy running with the group, Damaris!

Sorry about the crazy work, Bill! Glad you are able to get some running in.  Hope you get back to a regular schedule soon!

Congrats on getting a run in, Tomas.  You probably should give your legs a rest for a couple of days, they earned it.

Enjoy the SRD, Bin. Sorry about the chafing, hope it's not in a sensitive spot.   Get some gel-type right guard, that works well, and a lot cheaper too than that rip-off Body Glide stuff, that you pay out the nose for.

Congrats on your great run last night, Zelanie, and good luck with your miles today.

Glad you had some painless miles, Jack!  Hope your run today goes as well for you!

Just got this e-mail from my DW about her niece, her brother's daughter:

She was found last night by her boyfriend in her apartment incoherent and the doctors don’t know how long she has been that way.  Right now she is at ICU, they are running tests to see all the complications.  What they know is that she is dehydrated, has pneumonia, her kidneys are failing, low blood pressure, thyroid not functioning.  It doesn’t sound good.  She’s only 28. 

That sucks.  Good vibes, thoughts, prayers, whatever your personal choice is, would be appreciated!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Scotty, so sorry to hear about Gail's niece. My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.

7.27 easy miles.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your 3 today, Kay!  Hope the legs feel good for you.

LRB, I personally prefer the animal photos to the baby photos. Joking

Way to go on your morning miles, flarunner.

Wow, 50 minute spin workout, congrats Baboon.  Yeah, hate that when the knee gives out and you fall flat on your face. Been there done that, not fun.  Good luck with all your pre-surgery stuff and the surgery too.

Happy TM-3, Sparker!

340 for the month!  Shocked  Wow, RM23B, congrats!  You are a running machine!  Enjoy that daytime run!

10 last night and 12 today. Gee, lily, are you related to RM23B? Happy miles!

Good luck with your running plans, INS.

Congrats on your miles, Mitch.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Kristin: Somehow, I bruised the arch of my foot. At first I thought it was the onset of plantar fasciitis, but I don't think it's that (fingers crossed). The other night I was icing it and saw a bruise right on the arch. DW and I have been talikng about getting an elliptical for some time, so we'll see. My problem is that I am stubborn and I don't take enough rest days, even though I probably need two a week. The HM program I am starting has two rest days so I should be fine.

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, oh, no!  I'll keep her in my thoughts.  Hope she recovers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

His Slowness

Scotty - that's awful!  She will be in my prayers.

Bill

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins, first chance to check in today!  I've been herding service engineers, so that was sort of fun.  I have folks from two different companies working on two different instruments, so I pretty much spent the morning going back and forth saying, "How's it going?"  But the one guy got done for now, and the other guys are done for today, so I should have a calmer afternoon.  Especially calmer since I can't run either of those instruments until morning, so that they get pumped down properly.  So that's all good.

It's warmish here, so since it looks like I'll get out of work at a normal time, I'm going to hitch up DH and Dusty and take the three of us for a run tonight.  I have to take advantage of the not-cold while it's not-cold!!

Scotty, so sorry to hear about Gail's niece!!  Prayers sent!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

scotty, as I said in the otger thread, my thoughts are with your family. And I guess my workout doesn't sound so bad on paper.... I usually try to go to the gym for at least an hour if not an hour and 15 mins or so to get a half hour of cardio, full hip and core routine, plus other strengthening stuff and today I only had 45 mins becauae my kate start so it didn't feel complete. Meh. At least I got there!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I hope your niece will be quickly diagnosed and healed.  How scary for the family.  I hope you're able to get your run in before the thunderstorms hit.

Jack - which program are you using to train?  Have you done it before?  I hope the bruise heals soon.

Tomas - not surprising that you're sore, you've definitely been pushing it lately.

Bin - ouch, I hope the chafing heals quickly.  We've used a product that is listed for after sunburn treatment that Amway used to put out (I think that Solarcain does it now) that is a miracle for healing chafing.  Since you do so much running indoors, you have a lot of repetitive motion and heat to deal with.  Sometimes it's easier outside - though where you live, you'd still have the heat.

AFM:  Though it's warm outside, I didn't feel up to the hills, so I just did 4 on the TM.  It felt good though.  My new shoes arrived, but it turns out I need wides, so I'm sending them back.  So much for the good deal I got.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

I bet that was challenging, Rach!  Especially in all that snow and cold!  Cuz I'm sure y'all were doing everything outside, right?  Wink

Ummmm ... yeah. We were indoors yesterday becauseit was still NEGATIVE 40-something degrees outside when we went to PT in the afternoon. 

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Rachel I forget what you are using PT as initials for? To meit means physical therapy but I don't think that's what you're referring to. Also what do you do for work that you have to do a crazy workout like that?

I am a photojournalist for the Air Force. PT means physical training. We do intense workouts like this to prepare ourselves for whatever might happen. 

SheCan

Hey Penguin friends!

I'm sorry that I've been lazy on personals lately.  Seems I always feel rushed.  Scotty i do hope your wife's niece is going to be alright.

I just did my final long run before my marathon next month.  It was cold and snowy when I woke up.  I had a 21 mile LR on my schedule, and decided I didn't have a choice so I took off anyway.  It was actually quite nice and peaceful in places.  About a 1/3 of my run was on a path, but really the snow was so patchy it wasn't a problem.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.5 miles and totally soaked in last half mile.  DW left me in the dust, er, puddle.  Of course it stopped as soon as we got home.  It was nice before the storm.  Guess the radar was accurate.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

awesome!

I am a photojournalist for the Air Force. PT means physical training. We do intense workouts like this to prepare ourselves for whatever might happen. 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

From the Internet.

2.17 miles in the books! Tibialis anterior is a wee bit sore, but it's both legs instead of just the left. Will ice these bad boys in a few minutes and keep my fingers crossed that they're still OK tomorrow!