Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock 2013 (Read 535 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I'm so jealous of you chesapeake peeps, you are so close to the Calvert formation. I usually make an annual trip down to Prince Frederick to find me some prehistoric shark teeth Smile I should probably NOT check to see if Westmoreland is on the way to VA beach, last thing I need is to spend several hours in a hunched over position before my first marathon.

By the way, my name IRL is Jessica.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Jessica!  I had never heard of the Calvert formation, but now we're going to have to check it out, my son loves sharks and all things prehistoric!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jess runs for bacon

Thanks Jessica!  I had never heard of the Calvert formation, but now we're going to have to check it out, my son loves sharks and all things prehistoric!

Oh you must MUST take him! I highly recommend that you take him to the Calvert Marine Museum in Lusby. They have a full size Megaladon skeleton replica (only two in the world), and lots of cool fossils to check out. If you go about 10 minutes north of there there's a park called Falg Ponds. I've found it's the best place to get some fossils (there are a few other sites but that's my favorite). A few hours will usually net me about 10-15 teeth. If you go after a storm it's even better. If you go, let me know and I'll give you some pointers.

Booyah!

Ran it this year, will probably again in 2013.

Guess i should decide soon and get a hotel close by  or i'll be walking a couple miles to the start.

PR's:

5K- 20:15 (2017)   HM- 1:39:38 (2012)    FM- 3:26:53 (2016)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Bumping! I'm waiting until after the holidays to register but I'm planning on the full. I also need to get a hotel. Hubby and I are probably going to stay Friday and Saturday nights, and drive home on Sunday. I figure it'll be easier for me to sit in a car with sore legs right after the race than sleep and barely be able to move on Monday.

Jess runs for bacon

Bumping! I'm waiting until after the holidays to register but I'm planning on the full. I also need to get a hotel. Hubby and I are probably going to stay Friday and Saturday nights, and drive home on Sunday. I figure it'll be easier for me to sit in a car with sore legs right after the race than sleep and barely be able to move on Monday.

Yay! I'm staying all three, I'll die if I have to drive, plus it'll be nice to see my family down there. If you need a place to bunk I've got a 2 queen bed room at the Sheraton, three blocks from the start Big grin

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I'm doing the TowneBank 8K (as you all know I hate long distances)! But I'm not sure I can FE for a dinner--I'm traveling with my brother, sis-in-law, two of their friends, and my cousin. I am at their mercy! They are all doing the half though, so you can be sure that I'll be looking for you all and cheering you on if I see you running the half!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Jess runs for bacon

Awesome MJ5! You'll have to make some sort of sign so I can give you a high five Big grin

Sub1:40orBust

We just an awesome FE at the Richmond Marathon so I'm absolutely up for something similar at Shamrock. We have time to find the perfect place. Good food, conversation, and a bit of wine or beer get race weekend off on the right foot.

slowrunningjulie

I would be very interested in a FE. I am planning to run the full. I haven't registered yet, but have booked a hotel room. I bit the bullet and put down $ 200 to get a hotel room at the Hilton right on the start line. I am hoping that the fact that I have "skin in the game" keeps me on track with my training.

Does anyone know when the full usually sells out? I am trying to figure out when I should register.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Jess runs for bacon

Julie, I don't think the full sells out. If you like their facebook page they'll keep you updated. 

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Awesome MJ5! You'll have to make some sort of sign so I can give you a high five Big grin

Yes! Or check in here with bib numbers and I can make a cheat sheet!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Jess runs for bacon

Yes! Or check in here with bib numbers and I can make a cheat sheet!

We could do that. Although if I were you my eyes would bleed after a while!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yay! I'm staying all three, I'll die if I have to drive, plus it'll be nice to see my family down there. If you need a place to bunk I've got a 2 queen bed room at the Sheraton, three blocks from the start Big grin

I might take you up on that offer. As it stands right now we'd have to drop around $500 to get within 1.7 miles of the start line, which we don't want to do, and I don't REALLY want to stay 10 miles away. Smile We'll talk!!

Jess runs for bacon

I might take you up on that offer. As it stands right now we'd have to drop around $500 to get within 1.7 miles of the start line, which we don't want to do, and I don't REALLY want to stay 10 miles away. Smile We'll talk!!

Sweet! Just let me know!