Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock 2013 (Read 535 times)

slowrunningjulie

25 days to go! This is my peak mileage week. I have a 10 mile mid week run tomorrow and am doing my 20 miler this weekend. I feel pretty confident. I did a 30K (18.6 miles) in late January and ran 17 miles about two weeks ago. After this weekend, it's taper time!

How's everyone else doing?

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Hit my peak last week with 72.69 miles.  Gonna cool it with the extra miles because I keep tweaking my hamstring.  This Sunday is 18 miles with the middle 12 at MP.  I also have two days of intervals scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday.  I'll probably not do the Thursday one though, and put in an easy day.  I have a 10k race on the following Saturday.  The Hansons' schedule has less of a taper than most plans, more like a week and a half.

Mmmmm...beer

20k tuneup race this Sat, guess I'll find out if my sub-1:30 goal for the half is feasible.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

I am so ready, let's do this!! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

slowrunningjulie

20 miles tomorrow. I am a little bit worried because I have had a cough all week. I don't cough when I run, but my 10 miler on Thursday felt tougher than it should have. I am telling myself that was because it was all trail and extremely hilly (which it was), but am a bit worried about bonking tomorrow. At least the weather is going to be pretty much perfect - 50's in the morning, warming to the 70's later in the day, and sunny. I am going to go to bed early tonight and hope for the best.

RVDowning - sounds to me like you are ready to taper!

Upcoming:

I had 18 today, 3wu+12MP+3cd.  Hansons' plans don't taper as much as other plans.  I guess the taper actually does start tomorrow though.  I have 5 miles scheduled instead of 6.

Dreamn

I can't believe this race is coming so quickly.  I don't feel PR ready!

slowrunningjulie

I got 18 done. I felt better than I expected, but I am definitely sick. I feel ok about this training cycle though - since late January, I have done a 30K, 17 miles and then 18 today. Now it is time to focus on getting better and not twisting my ankle between now and March 17.

Upcoming:

Who is in charge of obsessing about the weather?  Is it too early yet?

I ran a 30K warmup race this weekend and hit above my goal time with a 2:43:30, which actually means it is possible that I could get a sub-4 Marathon?   -- I am thinking I will not be able to hit a sub-4 though because I was absolutely drained after the 30K... I gave it all I had and then some.  My pace for the 42K Marathon would have to be slower.

--But yet, I am clearly on track to blow my previous PR of 4:47:00 on the Marathon completely out of the water :-)  (I feel as if I should be able to hit a 4:15 fairly easily...).

Dtothe2nd, you look as if you have prepared just about perfect for a sub 1:30 Half Marathon., based on that 1:24 20K result.  Looks like you are going to blow your previous PR out of the water as well!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

slowrunningjulie

Absolutely not. But it doesn't do much good until we hit the 10 day forecast, at which point I shall begin hitting "refresh" at 15 minute intervals on weather.com.

Upcoming:

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Only 15min intervals?Smile

Absolutely not. But it doesn't do much good until we hit the 10 day forecast, at which point I shall begin hitting "refresh" at 15 minute intervals on weather.com.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Mmmmm...beer

After the wet 20k/30k that Kris and I ran on Saturday, the only thing I'm hoping for is that it's dry, don't care what the temp is so long as it doesn't rain.

-Dave

My running blog

slowrunningjulie

Only 15min intervals?Smile

15 minutes is what I will publicly admit to.

Upcoming:

Lol!  I went to www.accuweather.com and typed in my zip code of 23456 (Virginia Beach) and would you believe they post forecasts out all the way through the race date?!

Here it is:   http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/virginia-beach-va/23456/month/9735_pc?monyr=3/01/2013

Historical temps are High: 59, Low: 36 for that time of year, and just to record for prosperity, currently they are predicting the following;

Friday:  Sunny and Windy.  High 53, Low 34.

Saturday:  Overcast.   High:  53,   Low 36

Sunday:  A morning shower.  High 54, Low 35.

And now to the real point:  Why in the world would a weather site put up a forecast 3 weeks in advance?!  --- In other words, the odds of that forecast for race day morning staying the same is near 0 %

It'll change, so that should mean it will end up being sunny on Sunday, right?  I think so. (Like Dave, I want NO RAIN on race day.  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞